Helppp

girldad420

Local time
5:14 PM
Do I need a license in the state of New Hampshire to drive a mountain bike with a 25 cc motor on it?

You just asked the right person...lol...I lived in the Seacoast communities of New Hampshire for over 20 years from 1989 till 2011 until I retired here in New Mexico in 2011.

Unless anything has changed recently that I am not aware of, you have to have at least a moped/motorcycle/motorscooter type of license, it must be registered and viewed by a State Police Officer assigned at a local DMV to verify the serial number so as to assign a registration number to register it comprised in part from that serial number and I believe it still requires insurance as well...All of the New England states are quite restrictive of these bikes for road use.

You will also be required to have lights, horn, brake lights, turn signals, registration plate lights, etc. for road usage.

Read these posts below, especially the last one with the law statutes clearly stated that I got from the NH State Police that are assigned to the Dover Point DMV.

You just asked the right person...lol...I lived in the Seacoast communities of New Hampshire for over 20 years from 1989 till 2011 until I retired here in New Mexico in 2011.

Unless anything has changed recently that I am not aware of, you have to have at least a moped/motorcycle/motorscooter type of license, it must be registered and viewed by a State Police Officer assigned at a local DMV to verify the serial number so as to assign a registration number to register it comprised in part from that serial number and I believe it still requires insurance as well...All of the New England states are quite restrictive of these bikes for road use.

You will also be required to have lights, horn, brake lights, turn signals, registration plate lights, etc. for road usage.

Read these posts below, especially the last one with the law statutes clearly stated that I got from the NH State Police that are assigned to the Dover Point DMV.

Sounds like a lot of work. You can get some simple bicycle battery operated turn signals/break light on Amazon for a few bucks. I got one for my bike, but the wires where too short ( I have some old Schwinn stingray bars on my bike, your bike should be fine)

A lot depends on exactly where you live. Some States are very restrictive and strongly enforce their guidelines. Others though restrictive, some of their cities don't enforce those guidelines as long as you're completely obeying all the traffic laws.

if pulled over just wink at the cop sneak him a donuts.
A lot depends on exactly where you live. Some States are very restrictive and strongly enforce their guidelines. Others though restrictive, some of their cities don't enforce those guidelines as long as you're completely obeying all the traffic laws.
I can tell that both of you have never lived in or dealt with the legal system or cops in NH or Mass...lol...lol.

I can tell that both of you have never lived in or dealt with the legal system or cops in NH or Mass...lol...lol.

I was giving a generalization here, in that some cities in a strict state might not enforce the guidelines as long as you obey the traffic laws. Some states however, they're going to enforce the guidelines everywhere.

I was giving a generalization here, in that some cities in a strict state might not enforce the guidelines as long as you obey the traffic laws. Some states however, they're going to enforce the guidelines everywhere.
NH and Mass. are both "revenue enhancement" states...If there is a way to make extra bucks for the legal system, they are gonna do it...lol...lol.

Some (mine) have almost no real rules other than engine size, needs to have pedals, and maximum speed, require no special license, and still don't really enforce the few regulations they do have unless you do something really stupid.

Back