here are some pics and motor mount problems

texas

Local time
12:59 AM
I recently bought a mountain bike with an engine on it it cost me £190 of ebay.Not sure what engine it is all i know is its chinese.Anyway at first i though it was great for the first half hour anyway.I seem to just get problem after problem. first the exhaust fell of then i had trouble with the spark plug Then today i set of on my journey only for the chain to come of, i managed to sought this out after about an hour set of again then got a puncture fixed this then later thought i would go for a spin.this was the worst one yet. the whole engine just jolted and spun round and snaped the spark plug and the wires.the questions i have is im certain there should be more then 1 bracket holding the engine to the bike and how do you stop everything from coming loose i have swaped a few nuts for nylock nuts that seemed to have worked but any solutions would be great.oh and i aint that good when it comes to mechanics.thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
this is mine does anyone fancy takin it of my hands ive had enough to last me a life time lol

Attachments

• 8b2d_1[1].jpg
    8b2d_1[1].jpg
    27 KB · Views: 450
here are some pics

here are some pics of my bike i have taken one of where i think the bracket should be as i said in another post i have only got one bracket fixing the whole engine which has caused me trouble

Attachments

• 31032008075-small.jpg
    31032008075-small.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 428
  • 31032008076-small.jpg
    31032008076-small.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 388
  • 31032008077-small.jpg
    31032008077-small.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 334
  • 31032008078-small.jpg
    31032008078-small.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 349
  • 31032008079-small.jpg
    31032008079-small.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 342
yeah did but wish i hadnt

yes i did.it looks good but to be honest ive had so many problems in the few days ive had it.I aint that clever when it comes to stuff like that and only wanted it to mess about on really.how many brackets hold your engine on?mine only has 1 im sure there should be more infact there should be cos it spun round and caused loads a damage today.Do you go far on yours then

they make a mount. you just have to drill 1 hole in the frame, if its 2 wide.

yes i did.it looks good but to be honest ive had so many problems in the few days ive had it.I aint that clever when it comes to stuff like that and only wanted it to mess about on really.how many brackets hold your engine on?mine only has 1 im sure there should be more infact there should be cos it spun round and caused loads a damage today.Do you go far on yours then

yeah there should be two?! your engine is called a happy time engine, there arent many spares places in England try transformercycles they are the biggest in the UK or you will have to import from china or america. The furthest I have been is about 20 miles, but not without loads of tools in my bag. I must warn you these engines are notoriously unreliable, just treat it with care and you shouldnt get too much problems, try searching the forum for info on your problems, because whatever it is there is bound to be 20 answers already for it, or if not just ask! good luck, whereabouts in the UK are you?

I'm crying here. Really.
Tex,give her another shot,please. Look up front mounts. Once you get that {glue????:eek::fear::distraught:} off and get a real mount up front everything will just fall in place. Your vibrations will lessen SIGNIFICANTLY (and you didn't even say it vibrates but it does a whole lot,huh) and you will end up with an overall good running machine you can be proud to own.
Read,read,read. What fuel ratio you running?

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to take this discussion to the frame mounted forum. You'll get a lot more help there then you will here. I don't think anybody will answer you here.

Back