Here comes another n00b...

Molotov256

Local time
11:47 AM
Hey everybody - the name's Andrew, and I've been lurking around here and scouring your forums for tips and tricks since last summer. I've learned a lot, built a few bikes and gotten them to work to a certain extent, so think I'm ready to take it to the next level and register as a full-fledged member.

I've got 2 bikes in my garage that are constantly in various phases of dysfunction and semi-function, both of which are of the mysterious unmarked Chinese engine variety, and I've already got grand plans for a few posts I'll be making in the garage areas. I find it hard to believe that my mechanical issues are unique, but I just haven't been able to find what I've been looking for with the search tool.

Here's some pictures of them:

The Grey one is reasonably reliable, and I got the actual bike for $10 at a yard sale. I ride it to work when the weather permits. The red one is a lot slower, probably because it's a heavy Huffy frame, and has been problematic ever since girlfriend ran into a van on it.

Anyhow, I live in St. Louis by the airport, and if anybody else in the area wants to meet up and go terrorize the general public with some three-horsepower cycles of significant perplexity, then go ahead and drop me a line.

Hi Andrew..... I bet that road bike is fast!!!!
those skinny tires scare the begeezus outta me! I like FAT cruiser tires...or huge knobbies.

the girly girl smacked a van, eh. hope she was okay!!

Welcome, my neighbor, to MBc. (I am in Kansas...but I can almost spit in MO. from where I live....lol.... actually, I grew up across the line, there in the Show Me State)

good to have you here!

hello,

Love the road bike, would love to see it move. Do you have any youtube of it?

Back