Here is the new hope

I see this is an old post... how are you liking those tires after six months?

Also, how did you blow the side of your tire out? And whats all that black stuff on the ground?

I see this is an old post... how are you liking those tires after six months?

Also, how did you blow the side of your tire out? And whats all that black stuff on the ground?
They were just awful. The rubber was to soft which means more friction, more drag, slower speed, and much stiffer to pedal, if bike did not have a motor on it to help out I would have cried.

Surprisingly they soak up water which mean in winter they are going to freeze and break up the rubber compound.
Also to hit a small pebble the shock goes right into the rim right up ones butt scares the yell out of one.

Plus they wear down to nothing, loss maybe 1/4" or more rubber on the road.

So I said, "darn these tires", airless or not.

I then went and paid $80.00 for Tannus Armoured Airless tires.

I could not install them myself because they have little clips your supposed to push in with a dagger like tool that was just killing me to do, so I took the mag rim to Scheels bike mechanic shop.

It took the mechanic 2 hours to get them on but they only charged me the $10.00 flat rate not the $65.00 per hr. rate.

But the Tannus, I really like them they ride better than air tires have a 5000 mile guarantee and a 2 year warranty. And they don't have that long list of problems of the Chinese rubber these are arithmic 1.1 compound polymer closed cell not rubber so if you are trying to avoid flats and have a good ride I highly recommend them so far voted best tire around the globe. 🌎

Back