here is the only video of my pusher trailer....

It's a pretty nice trailer, he can put a bin and bags on it and hide the motor.

yes his frame is shorter than mind. i mean the axle length... which is why mine broke and his didnt. Which is also why i am upgrading to 1.5" thick steel from 5/8" before.

yes his frame is shorter than mind. i mean the axle length... which is why mine broke and his didnt. Which is also why i am upgrading to 1.5" thick steel from 5/8" before.
Hope that works out for ya.
I showed ya the pics hoping you would follow his lead

Last edited:
Hope that works out for ya
i found it will work. Judging by the moment of inertia of a circle... The upgrade to a 1.5" in axle will have 1/34 the center deflection of the previous axle under the same load... In otherwords, if the axle broke cause it deflected at the center by 1/8", the new

deflection will be 1/(8*34). So i think this is a major improvement in strength!!!! I will run another formula soon for stress at center instead of deflection. thanks though... i hope it works too
1608083027465.png

Last edited:
Hope that works out for ya.
I showed ya the pics hoping you would follow his lead
i cant make the distance shorter because my trailer is already built to the distance... That distance is constant. Thank you very much for the screenshots. But when i built the trailer last year i used his idea as a reference, particulary the hitch but thicker though, 1/2" plate steel.

i found the largest i could go is a 2.5" axle... My local steel supplier carries 2.5" cold rolled, but i need to find cheap pillow blocks... The largest pillow blocks on amazon are 2.5"; there are no 3" and up... I already own 1.5" rod and bearings so im gonna use what i have but next build might just go 2.5" thick axle.

I googled the standard for heavy rail axles and they are around 5" thick. So we are getting up there...
I will take up your idea of making it a caboose. If I find some railroad track, i will use that as the bumper for the pusher trailer.

Since i have a 3d printer i might try to cast an adapter out of aluminum for the wheels. I will 3d print a mold, and sand cast the wheel adapter for the axle. There is a park nearby that has a mound of coal from a nearby industrial use long time ago, and i have a flower pot foundry i made like 2 years ago but never used.

Last edited:
Back