Here is what you can do with a rattle can...

GW's Motorized

Local time
2:55 PM
First of all, I'd like you to meet Icky, my 1969 Honda CT90/trail 90.
IMG_20230121_162333386_HDR.jpg
I bought her for 75 bucks off craigslist about a year ago. Of course there was no title, but that hasn't stopped me from resurrecting her. She came with just about every part I would need cosmetically, but here's the issue. All the parts came in a tote, the bike and the parts had sat outside for three years before I bought it with no protection. The tote of parts had no lid, and smelled like cat pee. The bike had horrible surface rust because it was stripped down to bare metal to do a full restoration on, but it never got done.

This is what it looked like when I bought it.
f50ff3ce-fc24-4e76-89e0-94771a246aad.jpg

There was no intake on it, and the cylinder walls were horribley rusted, but I am pretty sure it can hone out. The bottom end of the engine however is in amazing shape other than the finish on the aluminum engine case, which has dulled over time.

My point is that you don't need a bunch of fancy equipment to make a beautiful paint job, I did it with rattle cans in my backyard.

I Love the trail 90's and 110's. I have been on a quest to locate a fixer upper for a realistic price to do something similar with.

First of all, I'd like you to meet Icky, my 1969 Honda CT90/trail 90.
View attachment 185565
I bought her for 75 bucks off craigslist about a year ago. Of course there was no title, but that hasn't stopped me from resurrecting her. She came with just about every part I would need cosmetically, but here's the issue. All the parts came in a tote, the bike and the parts had sat outside for three years before I bought it with no protection. The tote of parts had no lid, and smelled like cat pee. The bike had horrible surface rust because it was stripped down to bare metal to do a full restoration on, but it never got done.

This is what it looked like when I bought it.
View attachment 185566
There was no intake on it, and the cylinder walls were horribley rusted, but I am pretty sure it can hone out. The bottom end of the engine however is in amazing shape other than the finish on the aluminum engine case, which has dulled over time.

My point is that you don't need a bunch of fancy equipment to make a beautiful paint job, I did it with rattle cans in my backyard.
Before you go too far into it, you should inquire about the title. At the very least confirm that it was never registered. There is nothing worse than putting a bunch of love into something and then original owner all of a sudden wants it back. If he has the title, there is nothing that you can do.

Before you go too far into it, you should inquire about the title. At the very least confirm that it was never registered. There is nothing worse than putting a bunch of love into something and then original owner all of a sudden wants it back. If he has the title, there is nothing that you can do.
I know for a fact it has been registered. It had a plate on it, but the last registration tag on it expired in '86, I was planning on trying to get a manufactured title for it, or just have a nice off road bike.

Back