here it is! 52 j.c. higgins

what do ya think of this one for a motored bike! ive been holdin out for this baby & finally got it! its the bees knees!!:D:D

Attachments

• IMG_1417.JPG
    IMG_1417.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 1,374
  • IMG_1418.JPG
    IMG_1418.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 1,026
That is the coolest thing I have ever seen. I got a new J C Higgins for Christmas in about 56 but it was of course the one my parents could afford, but I loved it. I think if you decide to motorize it, it should be a Whizzer, and I think I would actually look for an original one. I think that thing is too precious to put one of these china things in. Also a lot of the classics are damaged if you paint them up, you might want to look into that. But if you just don't care, then just have fun. Dave

i know dave its driveing me nuts now trying to decide which engine ect i wanna put on the old gal! i dont wanna scratch paint ect as shes so origional! & do i need to upgrade brake hub ect, to handle higher sustained speeds!im goin nutz! im discovering chinese is the cheap entry level thing which is cool ,but after experienceing chinese technology most are looking for better engineering quality! what to do! what to do! inquireing minds want to know! thank god for this forum for many great minds & ideas!! now ill go read some more!

is it ready yet? is it ready yet? is it ready yet? is it ready yet?
how fast is it? how fast is it? how fast is it? how fast is it?
can i ride it? can i ride it? can i ride it? can i ride it?
can i ride it? can i ride it? can i ride it? can i ride it?

well, hurry it up, dagnabbit, we wanna ride with our bud! :D

wavy, she's one stone-groove of a bicycle, & i can't wait to see that motoredbiking grin on yer mug :cool:

The Important Build - Whizzer Works has two engines, the originals bring good money and these are restored. The less expensive one is 325, Google the name and check them out. I think this is what it would look like. Have fun Dave
PS: That thing is for sale out there.

Attachments

• clevlandwizzer.jpg
    clevlandwizzer.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 297
Last edited by a moderator:
52 JC Higgins

:D V..E..R..Y N..I..C..E!!!!!!!

What a lovely bike, being as old as I am, I do remember these, and a lot of others as well. They weren't cheap in their day either.

What a great find, my tongue fell out, was breathing heavy, I started to droooool! Oh my, just over a bicycle? What's wrong with us?

Good Luck with the build.

Scrollerguy

Last edited by a moderator:
God sakes man!!! My eyes, my eyes are wet... can't think straight... is this the big one? Very nice bicycle, would do pee wee herman proud, Proud man!

yup call me pee wee ! the wife does! god im goin nutz with this bike , everytime i get on her i totally flash back! all i need now is a slingshot tucked into my capgun holster! you guys rock ! & yes is now offically an addiction!

do i restore or keep it origional?

what do ya think gang ? its so origional , nice patina & not to ratty yet! whould it decrease value? or increace value? - j.e. i love your collection of vintage bikes , you must be quite proud of that collection! im goin nuts on what to do next.its now my new obsession! i love it , total flashback! :p

Back