here it is! 52 j.c. higgins

what do ya think of this one for a motored bike! ive been holdin out for this baby & finally got it! its the bees knees!!:D:D

Attachments

• IMG_1417.JPG
    IMG_1417.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 1,374
  • IMG_1418.JPG
    IMG_1418.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 1,026
wavygravy,did you look anything at all like your grampa at the age of the photo compared to your same age? That's so awesome that he rode what's essentially today's motored bike. It's almost freaky.
Imagine where that bike is today....probably long gone. :(

BTW- J.C. Higgins bicycles were manufactured by the Murray Manufacturing Co. Murreay Ohio. You know Murray brand bikes? Yeah, them.
:)
BTW- Thanks for the history, I now know that my recently acquired Ted Williams lever action .30-.30 is from around the early sixties!
Returning the topic to Wavy, hey thanks again for talking with me about your family and the history while sharing the photographs! I love, and live for, that sort of thing. Please do share all those wonderful photos with the rest of the group.
Take care friend...

more pics!

here ya go gang heres a few snap shots! youve seen gramps! now meet dad , brother rod on red shovelhead, me on various machines , & other bikes that were laying around. just a small tid bit of the many many bikes that have gone through my fingers over the years. dad use to ride the old gypsy tours that went from canada to sandiego every year with lots of stops for races & various biker party pits & watering holes! the had 30.000+ spectator crowds for the beach races here in long beach wa. between the early 30s to the late 50s then i rode the light fandango for many years with the colorful people shall we say!but my heart was always with goin fast, so the logical choise was japanese bikes of course! ah the persacution i took from the harley guys!!! but none of them had gone fast yet tee hee!! i could go on & on! but ill keep it short for now! rock on you motoredbikers!!:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_1480.JPG
    IMG_1480.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_1483.JPG
    IMG_1483.JPG
    170.3 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_1481.JPG
    IMG_1481.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_1484.JPG
    IMG_1484.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_1485.JPG
    IMG_1485.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_1487.JPG
    IMG_1487.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_1489.JPG
    IMG_1489.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 245
p.s. notice the patina on leather jacket! ya dont get that from sitting on the couch! it could tell stories too!

Back