Here she is!! Schwinn Skyliner!

2969_Skyliner70cc_1.jpg

2006 Schwinn Skyliner 21 speed mountain bike from Wally world :D
ThatsDax 70cc engine kit. :)

It now runs sweet! :eek:

2969_Skyliner70cc1_1.jpg

:LOL: that "pose"...it looks like she's loitering :LOL:

cruiser frame, front suspension...coolness. i like it :)

with the front mount being the drilled-style, keeping everything tight is a must !

Yeah :D She's loitering by my computer store. :D

She's chained up next to the telephone pole now. :(

This is the bike I sold about a year ago :D They ran it into a trailer hitch, and cracked the clutch cover, snapped teeth off the gear, broke both the front mounting studs off flush and broke the chain. :eek:
The speedometer was broken, and also the nice headlight and brake light I had installed, I don't think that happened in the crash, that was neglect.
It was fun getting the studs out, finally did. :D Glad I got the bike back, I've been fixing and selling mopeds. I didn't relize how much I missed the difference in a bike verses a moped :D

Same bike and kit. Nice. Im in waxhaw nc we need to meet up and ride on day

Hey - nice looking build!! I just ordered the same Dax 70cc engine kit on ebay from dacscommm a couple of days ago, and I'm thinking I will end up going with the Skyliner, also (as opposed to a Kulana Moon Dog, based on quality differences).

What I'm wondering is what sorts of kinks you ran into with this frame. Did you have to mod the engine mounts, or could you use the stock attachments that come with the Dax kit? If so, how did you go about doing it? Also, I really don't have access to a machine shop - do you think this will be a problem? I'd love to see more pics of what you came up with, because I'm a first-timer here and want this to work out.

Again, nice work, and I hope mine looks half as good as yours does!
-Likearock111

Back