Here to build

That looks like a newer frame than my hawthorne. Mine has a straight downtube and different rear dropouts. I have a J.C.Higgins with a different type of beehive springer. It is unusual in that it is a trailling rather than a leading link fork design. BMW used a trailing link fork at one time. It is known as an Earles fork.
168_higgins_beehive_2.jpg

Yes, That crossbow springer is the shizzle, they have priced them fairly as well. This Hawthorne was fast! with the large front skip tooth. The springer was more for looks than functional, with the truss it looked overbuilt.

wheels

150_amish_014_1.jpg

Todays rehab.

wheels

p.s. the rehab, seat ,tires tubes, pedals,grips, the essential wear points, 28.00 and change (4.00 for donor), a new bike at Wallys, 34.88. This is a better bike recycled, may not have as "cute" replaceables but serviceable. One of the cheaper dumps (donor #2 forgetable design) I felt no remorse pulling the parts well executed, less than 10% quality. I think the Native wisdom of "7 generations" should play a part in production of durable goods, if that term has value.

wheels

ps.ps. what happened to MOTIV? I get no answer on their toll free, looks like a solid vision, what happened?

So that was 32.00 and change, some may challenge the veracity of this report as I had the total amount listed as 37.00 and change at some time. I did buy a new sprocket for this machine @ 5 , I did not change out the sprocket, the stocker was fine, hence the reduction in cost to 32.00 I hope the clears up any misunderstood fiduciary facts that may have been misconstrued in previous versions and revisions of this post.

wheels

p.s. I attached the lyl diva chainguard

Back