Here's "JET"

I finally got my first build complete. My previous bike was purchased from an old man who put it together, so this is officially "my" bike.

It's pretty simple. I found a nice chrome frame bike that is single speed, very light weight and with city slicks for tires. The frame is a little tight for the motor, so that is why I put the air cleaner upside down. I will get one of the flat air cleaners soon. I put a rear wheel hand brake on after I took the picture, so it is well equipped brake-wise.

I also bought some of that red, solid wire for the spark plug, which I believe to be a huge performance increase. Also, you might notice I didn't use the chain tensioner. WIZARDOFOZONE was right in this thread: http://motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=7091 . What a difference in the sound and speed without having the tensioner on there. I pulled off about 4 links off my engine side, and both chains pulled tight in unison. The pedal side chain is just a tad looser, but nothing that is noticeable.

I have to get my speedometer moved over to this bike because I was blazing down the road today. It really flew. Turbo was right about the speed with the slick tires, and little to no vibration. I have a suspension post for the seat, but I think that some springer forks or some chrome suspension forks would make it a little more comfortable. I definitely need another saddle that has more cushion.

Anyway, this is my new bike. I look forward to getting with ScottM for the Annual Vintage Bike Swap Meet in Bedford, Texas this coming weekend. Should be fun.

Attachments

• JET side.JPG
    JET side.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 636
  • JET Front.JPG
    JET Front.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 361
  • JET Back.JPG
    JET Back.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 303
  • JET engine.JPG
    JET engine.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 684
  • Jet chain.JPG
    Jet chain.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 344
I just took my tensioner off and removed about 2 links to get the chain tight, I love how much quieter it is both on the sprocket side and the chain slap coming into the engine is gone now too.

Yeah, it really makes a difference. I think out of all the noises these kits make, the chain was the worst because none of the other tricks I did reduced it as much as this one.

Nice Job Fiend !

And boy have you showed me something ! I never saw a rear mount kickstand like that ... that solve a lot of headaches and gripes I have about stands. Super fine build !

Thanks ! I bookmarked that site ... those are the best ... I hate most kickstand's current method of operation and dislike that 'springy' feel the most ... the weight of the Harly cycle bars on my new build greatly affects the care with which I have to use when standing the bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back