Here's "JET"

I finally got my first build complete. My previous bike was purchased from an old man who put it together, so this is officially "my" bike.

It's pretty simple. I found a nice chrome frame bike that is single speed, very light weight and with city slicks for tires. The frame is a little tight for the motor, so that is why I put the air cleaner upside down. I will get one of the flat air cleaners soon. I put a rear wheel hand brake on after I took the picture, so it is well equipped brake-wise.

I also bought some of that red, solid wire for the spark plug, which I believe to be a huge performance increase. Also, you might notice I didn't use the chain tensioner. WIZARDOFOZONE was right in this thread: http://motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=7091 . What a difference in the sound and speed without having the tensioner on there. I pulled off about 4 links off my engine side, and both chains pulled tight in unison. The pedal side chain is just a tad looser, but nothing that is noticeable.

I have to get my speedometer moved over to this bike because I was blazing down the road today. It really flew. Turbo was right about the speed with the slick tires, and little to no vibration. I have a suspension post for the seat, but I think that some springer forks or some chrome suspension forks would make it a little more comfortable. I definitely need another saddle that has more cushion.

Anyway, this is my new bike. I look forward to getting with ScottM for the Annual Vintage Bike Swap Meet in Bedford, Texas this coming weekend. Should be fun.

Attachments

• JET side.JPG
    JET side.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 636
  • JET Front.JPG
    JET Front.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 361
  • JET Back.JPG
    JET Back.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 303
  • JET engine.JPG
    JET engine.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 684
  • Jet chain.JPG
    Jet chain.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 344
Ah yes. That spark plug wire is looking good!
And those rubber silencers on the fins.
And the gas filter.
Definetly a reader of this forum. :danielson:
Nice ride.
But you must keep the air filter from the rain.

Last edited by a moderator:
boy, the bicycle was made for a happy-time...and no tensioner needed, lucky you :cool:

Yeah, I knew someone would say something about that air cleaner being upside down. It'll work if weather permits till I get a smaller cleaner. Maybe I can put a little cocktail umbrella into one of the holes in the meantime. haha

turn it back right-side-down...just trim the the xtra inlet material off until it fits...just my suggestion.

Nice

Nice clean looking ride. I like it when the motor fit's tight, to me it looks like it was meant to be there.

Brad

QUOTE=alesterfeind;82352]I finally got my first build complete. My previous bike was purchased from an old man who put it together, so this is officially "my" bike.

It's pretty simple. I found a nice chrome frame bike that is single speed, very light weight and with city slicks for tires. The frame is a little tight for the motor, so that is why I put the air cleaner upside down. I will get one of the flat air cleaners soon. I put a rear wheel hand brake on after I took the picture, so it is well equipped brake-wise.

I also bought some of that red, solid wire for the spark plug, which I believe to be a huge performance increase. Also, you might notice I didn't use the chain tensioner. WIZARDOFOZONE was right in this thread: http://motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=7091 . What a difference in the sound and speed without having the tensioner on there. I pulled off about 4 links off my engine side, and both chains pulled tight in unison. The pedal side chain is just a tad looser, but nothing that is noticeable.

I have to get my speedometer moved over to this bike because I was blazing down the road today. It really flew. Turbo was right about the speed with the slick tires, and little to no vibration. I have a suspension post for the seat, but I think that some springer forks or some chrome suspension forks would make it a little more comfortable. I definitely need another saddle that has more cushion.

Anyway, this is my new bike. I look forward to getting with ScottM for the Annual Vintage Bike Swap Meet in Bedford, Texas this coming weekend. Should be fun.[/QUOTE]

That's a good lookin bike. I wonder if I'll have trouble keepin up on the next ride.;)

Back