Here's what i did- (torque wrenching tales)

G

For those that are "torque wrenchedly challenged".
I did this a few years back for working on ukltralight aircraft (the tubing is easy to mash down if you over tighten something).
601_bike_030_1.jpg

Just buy one of those really cheap Made In China socket sets and cut the handle off so it's just big enough to fit in your palm. Alternately, you can go buy the really short one at Sears for 12.99 then loose it the first week you had it....... :???:

I agreee

I bought a set of stubby's 1/4" to 1/2" and I swear byem.
Plust they can get into some tricky spots that the other can't.
Doc

Yes they could, but I posted this because a lot of folks have problems with bolts and studs stripping. This is an inexpesive way to torque bolts without buying/maintaining and properly using a torque wrench.

Plus the cut off handle makes it "custom" :???: :LOL:

Torque wrenches are great but most folks dont' realize they should be calibrated regularly.

I like the palm wrench idea.

SIGH! :( I just broke a motor mount stud inside the motor due to over-tightening. not the first time, either. when will i learn? :cry:

happy your not the only one to break'em off. l broke my back two studs off and ran it till l broke off the front two studs, then the engine just popped off to the left and was just hanging there. it was very funny, plus l knew it was just a matter of time.
here's an idea happy, get that ferret and a bigass rubber band(flinstone style)and you have yourself a new engine.lol just kidding

Back