Here's what I found out about my city's ordinance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really surprised and sorry that your view about a restrictive law such as the requirement of a drivers license seems to be such a knee-jerk and offhanded one Warner... You state that it's your belief that the law might be written to address the kids screaming around on pocket bikes. Maybe so, maybe not; who's to say?? It's still my firm contention that it is completely wrong to require a drivers license for a moteredbike!!! (That's assuming it meets the criteria of being able to be pedaled without engine / under 2HP / etc.... If the vaunted legislators in Illinois are so concerned about pocketbikes, then let them address those issues directly, instead of dragging down the motoredbiker. Do you not see that accepting regulations that are aimed at one group, though affects an entirely other different group of citizens is both counterproductive and an erosion of basic freedoms??? Sorry to be so blunt, but uh, can you not see the "slippery slope' here????

Well, the license one is at least something I can understand, as opposed to an outright BAN of them. A minimum operator age would probably be just as effective though too. I do undestand your point about the "slippery slope".

Warner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back