Here's yet another question for the expierinced MBers

Frankenstein

The great coincidence that happened at the perfect time by Steven King in association with J. R. R. Tolkien and Ronald McDonald.

Edit: damn it forgot an R..

Frankenstein

Your the man thank you!! So just to clarify. I buy this and it will allow my chain to align up better thus I'll have my issue resolved of my chain not clearing the chain stay & at the same time if I prefer I can reattach my back disc brakes?
Yes to everything. You can use additional spacers to make the chain alignment perfect, no Idea if that will affect your ability to put a disk brake caliper on.

This is a quote from an experienced forum member.
"If he chain is going straight back, totally parallel with the bike frame and direction of travel then the rear sprocket and chain should end up not too near the stays even in a fairly curvy frame.
So you still need to measure the spacing of your frame's dropouts and then the gap between the left side dropout and the rotor mount.
It seems likely that you will need the top hat shape which mzmiami dot wherever definitely sell, but you have to measure bike to know. I have not looked for it because it isn't what I need."

This is a quote from an experienced forum member.
"If he chain is going straight back, totally parallel with the bike frame and direction of travel then the rear sprocket and chain should end up not too near the stays even in a fairly curvy frame.
So you still need to measure the spacing of your frame's dropouts and then the gap between the left side dropout and the rotor mount.
It seems likely that you will need the top hat shape which mzmiami dot wherever definitely sell, but you have to measure bike to know. I have not looked for it because it isn't what I need."

Street Ryderz

Yes to everything. You can use additional spacers to make the chain alignment perfect, no Idea if that will affect your ability to put a disk brake caliper on.
That's right yes to everything and you can flip the caliper mounting bracket to the outside of the mounting points to get the rotor alignment with the caliper!

She's always saying "I can't believe how much stuff you need", a woman can't understand that a man needs a hobby & everything that goes with it & only when he gets everything is he ready to move to his next hobby.

gary55

It's not too unrealistic either, they were all alive at the same time for a while.
I thought it made perfect sense. I hears it as Arthur C Clark, C S lewis, J R Tolkien, And the instigator as L Ron Hubbard betting on his abilities to dupe the sheep all over a pint or two. The rumor was he let Lewis pick the focal point. Volcanoes. oh jez.

gary55

She's always saying "I can't believe how much stuff you need", a woman can't understand that a man needs a hobby & everything that goes with it & only when he gets everything is he ready to move to his next hobby.
I can't remember the saying. Something like it's easier to explain it later than argue about it now.

I just got an email from MBREBEL.COM regarding the adapter, it looks as though their adapter comes in different sizes and is for the 410 chain. Not sure if the one from MZ is for a 415 chain, it doesn't say in the description, but does the thickness matter in your opinions?

This is a majority of the email.
For use when attaching a DISC Drive Sprocket
and a DISC Brake Rotor.
3/8 offset (3/4 inch total thickness)
1/4 offset (5/8 inch total thickness)
1/8 offset (1/2 inch total thickness)
Chose your offset,
On a DISC hub wheel the sprocket needs to be
attached closer to the spokes.
This adapter allows for that
inset, allowing a DISC brake rotor
to also be attached to the hub.
For mechanics skilled in bicycle
drive-trains and Chain alignment,
for experts only.
Inner ring is 53mm,
DISC rotor surface diameter needs to be under 53mm.
9 outer holes are 10mm diameter.
Outer Diameter: 89mm, 3.5inches
Center Hole Diameter Bore: 34.5mm, 1.38in
Inner stepped in Ring Cup Diameter goes against rotor surface: 53mm, 2inches
Outer Step Diameter: 58.5mm, 2.3inches
Sample picture to show you how it looks all put to together.
Rotor and Sprocket purchased separately, not included.
In this listing you are purchasing the
DISC Drive Sprocket Adapter only.
Please watch view the video:
DISC Drive Sprocket Adapter 9 Chainring Bolt Style

Street Ryderz

I just got an email from MBREBEL.COM regarding the adapter, it looks as though their adapter comes in different sizes and is for the 410 chain. Not sure if the one from MZ is for a 415 chain, it doesn't say in the description, but does the thickness matter in your opinions?
The adaptor itself can be used with any gear and chain type you want to use the gear thickness is what dictates the type of chain it uses!Oh yeah and the pitch.

Last edited: