Here's yet another question for the expierinced MBers

Ok so here's the measurements I have, the 140mm is the measurements with the bolts loosened and the wheel basically off. I measured it twice. Not sure if I should of measured with it tightened up or not. The 52mm is obvious but once again I'm not sure if that measurement is needed when ordering the adapter. The remaining measurement is 5.2 but I'm pretty sure the pics came out clear.

Attachments

• IMG_0760.PNG
    IMG_0760.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 222
  • IMG_0759.PNG
    IMG_0759.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 309
  • IMG_0758.PNG
    IMG_0758.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 216
Not sure if I should of measured with it tightened up or not. ....
Only if it's different. You don't have any extra washers shoved in there do you? It's normal for mountain bikes to have a 135mm rear hub. It is also more usual IME to have about three times as much space between the rotor mount and the dropout.
Anyway
if it is 140mm rear spacing then your rotor mount face is 65mm left of centre.
(140÷2)-5=65
You haven't provided measurements of the engine sprocket inner/RHS face; but if you assume it's exactly the same as mine at 35mm left of centre then you have to make up the huge 30mm offset by using the dish (if there is any) of the sprocket, the thickness of the sprocket (if you're bolting it from the left) and the top hat adapter. Get the adapter that allows you to get to 30mm. If that doesn't exist then just see how close you can get it.

Oh and if the rear hub spacing is actually 135mm then you have to get as close as you can to 27.5mm not 30mm

Last edited:
Ok so here's the measurements I have, the 140mm is the measurements with the bolts loosened and the wheel basically off. I measured it twice. Not sure if I should of measured with it tightened up or not. The 52mm is obvious but once again I'm not sure if that measurement is needed when ordering the adapter. The remaining measurement is 5.2 but I'm pretty sure the pics came out clear.
The 52mm measurement is actually the only measurement you have shown that is pertinent to the top hat adapter as the
id of the hat will have to slip over this area.
The other crucial measurement is form the face of the hub where the disc would normally mount to the spokes of the mag itself. You want to be sure that the flange of the hat that the sprocket bolts to will not hit the mag spokes before it tightens to the hub. This is the offset they are speaking of. As long as it does not hit you can shim the sprocket outward till it aligns with the engine sprocket.

IMG_0763.PNG IMG_0762.PNG
IMG_0764.PNG
The 52mm measurement is actually the only measurement you have shown that is pertinent to the top hat adapter as the
The other crucial measurement is form the face of the hub where the disc would normally mount to the spokes of the mag itself. You want to be sure that the flange of the hat that the sprocket bolts to will not hit the mag spokes before it tightens to the hub. This is the offset they are speaking of. As long as it does not hit you can shim the sprocket outward till it aligns with the engine sprocket.
Ok sounds great. I ordered the attached adapter. Since MZ has yet to tell me the width of the hub hole (what is the actual name so I can now message them again with the proper terminology?) I'm simply hoping the 52mm is standard and it matches the adapter I purchased. All I have is the following pics to work with, a smarter man could probably figure it out with just the pics as a reference (I think Frankenstein has a program to figure it out) but I'm just winging it. To the best of your knowledge is the 52mm I show standard??

Attachments

• IMG_0765.PNG
    IMG_0765.PNG
    980.2 KB · Views: 213
Regarding the "shimming", how would I go about that?

For all those (and there's many) I wanted you to look at this attached photo. This is a listing for a bike on Craigslist, it's the same exact frame as mine. He states in his add that its a 66cc (looks smaller to me). To my untrained eye it does not look like he has an adapter on his bike, if this is the case can anyone see what he did to make the chain align cause I'd love to do the same. I just don't get it. And it sucks he has a fuzzy pic but he only has this one. And unfortunately he will not respond to my questions.

Attachments

• IMG_0766.jpg
    IMG_0766.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 210
For all those (and there's many) I wanted you to look at this attached photo. This is a listing for a bike on Craigslist, it's the same exact frame as mine. He states in his add that its a 66cc (looks smaller to me). To my untrained eye it does not look like he has an adapter on his bike, if this is the case can anyone see what he did to make the chain align cause I'd love to do the same. I just don't get it. And it sucks he has a fuzzy pic but he only has this one. And unfortunately he will not respond to my questions.
It sure is a fuzzy pic maybe on purpose LOL maybe he dosen't want you to see that it has issues,Or maybe it's just a s**tty pic and they had the hub turned down or they spaced out the drop outs not sure really better pic's would help to see what going on there!

It sure is a fuzzy pic maybe on purpose LOL maybe he dosen't want you to see that it has issues,Or maybe it's just a s**tty pic and they had the hub turned down or they spaced out the drop outs not sure really better pic's would help to see what going on there!
Yea I was worried about the pic being to fuzzy. Hey my hub measures 52mm, would you know if that's standard? Just trying to be assured that MZ adapter I bought will fit & they don't provide any measurements.

img_0759-png.77500

Yea I was worried about the pic being to fuzzy. Hey my hub measures 52mm, would you know if that's standard? Just trying to be assured that MZ adapter I bought will fit & they don't provide any measurements.
Here is the inside of the adaptor it's 54mm but that can very from one to another but even if it was a bit small it can easily be opened up!

Attachments

• 2017-06-24 02.45.39.jpg
    2017-06-24 02.45.39.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 199
Here is the inside of the adaptor it's 54mm but that can very from one to another but even if it was a bit small it can easily be opened up!
Thx, I was hoping to hear that. "Easily opened up" huh? How do I go about that exactly? I only basic tools so no machine shop here. I thought it'd be difficult to evenly open it up.

Back