Here's yet another question for the expierinced MBers

No wonder I couldn't find it, I didn't think it looked like that, I was looking for something else. I would of been searching forever!

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Your the man thank you!! So just to clarify. I buy this and it will allow my chain to align up better thus I'll have my issue resolved of my chain not clearing the chain stay & at the same time if I prefer I can reattach my back disc brakes?
Yes to everything. You can use additional spacers to make the chain alignment perfect, no Idea if that will affect your ability to put a disk brake caliper on.

This is a quote from an experienced forum member.
"If he chain is going straight back, totally parallel with the bike frame and direction of travel then the rear sprocket and chain should end up not too near the stays even in a fairly curvy frame.
So you still need to measure the spacing of your frame's dropouts and then the gap between the left side dropout and the rotor mount.
It seems likely that you will need the top hat shape which mzmiami dot wherever definitely sell, but you have to measure bike to know. I have not looked for it because it isn't what I need."

This is a quote from an experienced forum member.
"If he chain is going straight back, totally parallel with the bike frame and direction of travel then the rear sprocket and chain should end up not too near the stays even in a fairly curvy frame.
So you still need to measure the spacing of your frame's dropouts and then the gap between the left side dropout and the rotor mount.
It seems likely that you will need the top hat shape which mzmiami dot wherever definitely sell, but you have to measure bike to know. I have not looked for it because it isn't what I need."

Yes to everything. You can use additional spacers to make the chain alignment perfect, no Idea if that will affect your ability to put a disk brake caliper on.
That's right yes to everything and you can flip the caliper mounting bracket to the outside of the mounting points to get the rotor alignment with the caliper!

Back