Hey (and a few questions)

flashstar

Local time
8:05 PM
Hey,

I've been browsing the site while trying to absorb as much information as I can so that I can learn how to set up a Dax F80 that I ordered.

So far I've only ordered the F80 kit and some Royal Purple 2 stroke oil. I'm wondering what people usually order as basic reliability upgrades to ensure that their Dax kits run fairly well without breaking down. I've heard of some things like inline fuel filters and aftermarket intakes, but I'm not sure about what is recommended for a beginner with a new kit.

I was also wondering about how to adjust the basic components of the engine like the Carburetor.

Here's a picture of my bike too. Do you think that the engine will work well on it? I'm going to change to a v-brake in the back to accommodate the rear gear.

attachment.php

Thanks

Attachments

• 1016091522.jpg
    1016091522.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 149
Welcome aboard.

It's a nice looking bike for the job. I can't tell whether or not there's enough space for the engine from the picture. But you'll be able to tell; are those 26" tires? If so, then there ought to be plenty of room.

An inline fuel filter is very highly recommended. You can get them for a few bucks anyplace that you can get parts for lawnmower engines.

Other than that, I don't think I'd recommend anything just yet. Get the kit, install it on your bike and get familiar with how the engine runs and how your bike behaves when motorized. You'll start getting your own ideas, then, about just what you want and don't want.

Have fun.

Welcome!
I think your bike should work out nice. May be a bit of a tight squeeze but I think it should fit. The only other thing that I can warn you about from your photo is that your cables run on top of your top tube. This makes mounting the tank a bit of a problem. I had the same issue and I just run full housings all the way from the bars to the brakes or derailleur. Then I just popped off the cable ends off the frame with a chisel or dremel and hit them with a little touch up paint to keep it from rusting. Good luck and we are always here to help.

Thanks for the information. The cables on the top of the bar are definitely going to need to be moved for the gas tank to fit. Another problem is that the rear brake is a disc brake so I'm guessing that I'll need to change that to a v-brake. I already have an inline fuel filter (ordered from SBP). Thanks for checking out the space in the triangle. I think that they are 26" tires because they are the same size as all of the other bikes in the bike room. I've grown a bit since I got this bike when I was 13 (I'm in college now lol), so I was considering getting a larger but cheaper frame which will not need to be modified quite as much (I think that I need a frame that is 2 inches bigger).

How easy is it to swap frames once you have assembled the engine kit?

Anyway, thanks again. I need to catch up on all of the posts that have been made over the past 3 years!

Back