Hey Everybody

M

Muckem

Hey everybody, Brian here from Savannah, GA. I discovered this forum from youtube. I have a motorless bike right now but I have been reading this forum for about 3 days and have learned so much from you guys. I think I am going with a Dax engine. I dont see many mountain bikes here, is there a reason or is the cruiser just a better match? I did see a couple on youtube that were nice. I would like to install my mountain first, then maybeeeeee do a nice custom. Yall keep up the good work, I am very impressed with all the bikes that have been built by you guys and if mine is as half as nice I'll be pleased. Thanks for the info,
Brian

:) welcome! you'll find all the help you need here and make friends.
mine are on beach cruisers, just because i think it looks 'right'
if this your first build, you may want to check out: Sticky: OPTIMIZE FOR YOUR APPLICATION- set-up Tips-Updated regularly in the General Discussion forum :)

Welcome to the best dang site for motoredbikes- period!

All I can add to the subject is this- mountain bike TIRES are not very good at speed on the pavement, unless you LIKE the super buzzy feeling of riding a vibrating sander! :LOL:

Thanks for the warm welcome and advice. Dave your bike is awesome. I was wandering about the aluminum bike myself. I always took advantage of power to weight (v8 Vega, v8 S10, Monza), was looking at a kit to put a v8 in a Miata. The bike comes first though, and you guys are great, gonna save me alot of time and headache with all this useful and informative reading. I know now about the different sprokets and gears, I live outside of Savannah, GA so its all flat here. I do like riding on the beach though so a bigger may help me out. Yall keep up the good work and as soon as I get started I'll post some pics.
Laterz,
Brian

hiya, Muckem, i'll just post a quick pop-up pic for ya...my mountainbike-style frame on the beach...bike & rider weigh 250+, i have a 44tooth sprocket & have no problem in the sand at all :)

41_headin_south_1.jpg

welcome to the MBc 8)

(FYI to the group: when you go to "upload picture" if you click on the "gallery" link, you'll be able to view & re-post/insert any image you've already uploaded. to get the pop-up effect, all i did was remove the image tags)

Back