Hey! from Denver

JRowe

Local time
5:02 AM
I'm in Denver, CO, and recently have had to review my life in terms of transportation (totalled my car) and stumbled onto motorized bikes. I'm looking at a 48cc 2 stroke and a cheap walmart mountain bike (I'm keeping it under $300.)

Looks like an awesome forum and I look forward to learning! I've already gotten a lot from the Colorado law threads.

Thanks for a great resource!

Welcome to the forum. My company sent me to Denver for the month of February to work on some west coast projects. Had a great time. Snowed a lot but it was usually sunny and warm by noon.

HEY DENVER! I'm from Denver Co. but live in NC (RACE CITY USA) to be exact! I don't want to thank anyone here because no one welcomed me or helped me! I'll be glad to give you advice as I had my first build recently and now with no more purchase have two motors and run racing fuel on my 80 (66)cc. There will be trials and tribulations, but don't worry about the bike. If you want a hub eater, get a walmart bike. They look good. I have had my GIANT for 15 years no breakdowns. Check craigslist for bikes and make it your own. If not, I have some friends with cali. cruisers they might sell less than the walmart price. Make sure you have a buffer on you price as you're gonna replace some things. I know! GET a larger engine, if not a 4 stroke for CO. Think about the altitude.,

Hey there, thanks for the welcome. I'm looking at kent / next avalon bikes and found a couple likely candidates on craigslist.

Welcome to the forum. I'm in the Denver area too. I've noticed a lot of Treks, K2s, Diamondbacks on craigs lately and the going rate is reasonable, plus you can dicker with them. If I needed another bike that's the way I'd go. Better parts and just a better over all bicycle by sticking to a quality brand........good luck. You need any help just ask, dunno what cowboy's issues are.

I'm sticking with a 49cc for legal purposes, and a 2 stroke for power. I've found a suitable full suspension model that another user on the forum has successfully installed an engine on. I'm also looking at ThatsDax , especially if he's available today lol. I'd like to get my bike put together and find any issues asap. $100 for the bike. I figure over the next couple months I'll sink another couple hundred into new wheels, brakepads, and other stuff. This should be fun.

Back