Hey from NJ

Cockroachjohnson

Local time
10:39 AM
Almost finished wit my first build, 49cc 4-stroke on a huffy beach cruiser
motorbike.jpg
All she needs now is welded pedal extensions(they dont turn now because the motor blocks them) and I think hand brakes might be a wise addition. Any input would be appreciated too. Found a lot of great info on the site already, thanks!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you are already screwed.....You bought the WRONG kit....within a few miles the hoot gearbox you have will disintergrate and they cannot be fixed.......replaced gearbox is the only answer and you need to know if the engine has short tapered shaft or the keyed shaft...

Welcome to the forum. Nice thumper. The Hoot gear box will likely last a few months. Replace it with a 4G or Grubee gear box when the time comes.
You can get a wide pedal crankset from some of the engine vendors so you can pedal.

yeah i already had the gearbox jump a sprocket and when i opened it up it looked incredibly chincy, and the freewheel sprocket on the shaft fell to pieces while o was still building the thing so i just welded it to the shaft, seams to run alright like that though.

Back