Hey from Pennsylvania

M

MisterSteve124

Hey my name is steve and me and my friend nick plan to make motored bikes and finish them by the end of the summer. I will be posting my ideas and some of my questions in the rack em up thread tonight. If anyone has any specific suggestions or would just like to help in general I would appreciate it. Just pm me here or you can instant message me at MisterSteve124 via AIM. Thanks!

Hey my name is steve and me and my friend nick plan to make motored bikes and finish them by the end of the summer. I will be posting my ideas and some of my questions in the rack em up thread tonight. If anyone has any specific suggestions or would just like to help in general I would appreciate it. Just pm me here or you can instant message me at MisterSteve124 via AIM. Thanks!

Welcome to MBc, MrSteve.
looking forward to your rack em up, posts.

pm & instant messaging is cool for buy & sell, top secret projects and disagreements. etc.;)

But for our purposes here, Let's try to keep the tech info public to further expand our knowledge base.
Thanks

good to have ya here.

ok thanks guys . I thought I'd run some ideas and questions by you guys for some help. We just plan on making a simple, cheap and easy motor bike with the engine mounted on a rack. We're just gonna get some cheap bikes and a rear mount and hook the engine up directly onto the gears on the bike with a clutch of course. His dad can weld so we were gonna reinforce the mounts to make sure they are sturdy. My first question is how powerful of an engine should we aim for. We both weigh about 130 lbs and want to go pretty fast hopefully 25-30mph. Is there anything we should know before we start buying the materials and building? Thanks for all your help in advance. Oh I forgot to ask is it easier to use a one speed bike or a multi speed bike? Or does it not really matter?

first thing you want to do, steverino, is take that stuff and post it in "rack 'em up"...it'll only get lost in here...start a "new topic" about your project, then simply add stuff to it (by "reply"ing) as the build progresses.

welcome to MBc 8)

Back