hey from Perth Australia!!!

brendonv

Local time
9:46 AM
Hey im 14 and like engines and everything and got a old bike and a Ryobi 30cc 2 stroke engine to make a motorized bike. I like RC things as well and have a RC 4 channel plane and a RC Team Losi XXX-S car that i drift and race. Ive wanted to build something engine powered for ages but never had a engine but i do now!!!

I have all the building info in Garage & Tech/Mech Help-detailed & specific tech talk > Whizzer & Antique MotoredBikes

Cya,

From Brendonv from Perth!!!

yeh anyone from perth here?

I found out the rules here for motorized bikes it under 1.5HP or something and over 16 yrs old. lol i better not get caught then haha.

Hi brendonv. Welcome to MBc!

If you search and are unable to find your answers, don't hesitate to post your question. Someone will steer you to a link, or reply to your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D
You may have seen this, but here's a great MBc starter "link" to get you motoring.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=10392

yeh that thread is good. I cant wait to build my bike up, im going to do a sorta ghetto mount for the motor, its not going to be a full fancy one just a mounted motor with a bike grind peg on it. Ill make it so the motor can be adjusted in height so if i change the size of the bike peg i dont have to cut then re weld. Its pretty much the same mounting as the normal friction mounts but doesn't include a lot of the not so needed, making it harder things.

Im first going to test all the motor making sure it works, fix the bike, weld the mounts, put all the motor on, go for a ride. Take everything off the bike that isnt going to be painted ( wheels, Brakes ect ) Paint it all, put everything back on. Then im done, ready to annoy the neighbours i mean ride it around the block lol.

Welcome to MBc,
You remind me of my days at 14. I had wire control airplanes and kites, but I did not fly them much, just used to watch the little 2.5 cc engines run on a vice most of the time, it annoyed neighbors to, then I got a car, most annoying thing I ever done ! Now I got these motoredbikes, it's like 14 all over again.

Good luck with your projects anyway, but do it safely for all of us here.

All the Best

BoltsM.

Back