Hey Hey Hey!

Cheesus

Local time
5:57 AM
Hey guys! I've been lurking the forum for a couple weeks now, it's finally time to become part of the community. It's time for my dad and I to start our annual summertime project, last year we built a home-made projector for guerilla movie nights outside and the year before we built what we call the Deathproof Go-kart for my nephew.

I plan to use this new bike to communte to work (10 miles one way) when the weather permits. The engine will be a Happy time, but I'm having trouble deciding on the bike.

I already have a Giant Rincon Mtn. bike which i love but i don't get to ride it as much as i'd want. It seems like it would be a fun ride with an HT on it, but I am really worried that the motor would be a hinderance when I just want to pedal the old fashion way. I just bought my girlfriend a nice mtn bike as a graduation present (Go Dawgs!), so she would kill me if I couldn't ride this thing comfortable without the engine engaged.

My other options is to get either a "Moondog" or a "Schwinn Point Beach Cruiser" from the Walmart. I don't have any experience with cruisers, they don't seem quite as fun to me but they at least look comfortable to ride and a big part of me wants to be the crazy guy who drives the Peewee looking motor bike to work. :LOL:

For me this is quite a tough decision, any advice on the matter is more than welcome.

I ride a mountain bike with hppy time engine and personally I have never rode one of those cruiser bikes, but I would never swap it for my mountain bike! Much more comfortable with the shocks.

Anyway welcome to the forum, nice to see you have a good read through! If your questions haven't been answered then just ask!
Fastboy

I am partial to what ever is available at the Pwn Shop, Goodwill or Salvation Army.
Welcome to MBc from the Giant Side of Texas!

Back