Hey! Read Me! :)

2 stroke or 4 stroke performance (no mods) just a little poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jlebh1

Local time
12:02 AM
hi im jake im new, I live in brisbane australia.

Im 15 and have had one motorized bike and had a bad experiance but it was just the seller. P.S( anyone in australia dont buy from a ebay seller motawizza they have no warenty and say they sell spares but when you try to contact them they just ignore your email.

ok ive had a motorized bike broke within the month I got it. a motorized scooter which I just bought a new engine for but the clutch broke and am waiting for a new one from warenty. i will sell it once its going and now im puting together another motorized bike. with a better engine says some people have claimed to have got 10000kms and still going out of these engines

I know a fair bit about 2 strokes (pulled apart my old scooter engine cause it was stuffed, and we have a friend who is a mower mechanic)

I bought the ZBOX 70cc bike engine to put on a giant brand crusier bike. have also herd that coaster brakes arnt very good. but the back pole part is too thick (not by much though) I thought of using a U clamp? any ideas...

also anyone know where I can get a rpm tacho?

thanks for any help!

here are some pics of the bike i am using (the one without the motor) my old motorized bike and my petrol scooter. the scooter is crazy its got a 43cc engine and a 15 to 20cm wide deck and only has room for 1 foot and at 60kmph is scary (but fun) I always wore a motorbike helmet with the scooter and gloves. (im not stupid)

Attachments

• f226_1.jpg
    f226_1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 172
  • motorized bike 002.jpg
    motorized bike 002.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 198
  • motorized scooter 001.jpg
    motorized scooter 001.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 190
  • motorized scooter 002.jpg
    motorized scooter 002.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 197
hey Jake, welcome aboard
there is a special forum all about mounting a motor in the frame. I'm sure someone can help you with your questions. I have sen an rpm tach also, just can't remember where.

Welcome

Welcome Jake.
Nice bikes.
If you are making a custom front mount you can use the leftover bracket for a rear mount like this:
(Notice that I used pieces of leftover fuel line, cut to about 1 cm length, as shock absorbers between the engine and the mounting bracket).

Attachments

• DSC00314.jpg
    DSC00314.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Hi Jake. Welcome to MBc!
Nice fun builds! I like the 3rd photo. At first glance it looks like you have a desk swivel chair mounted to the scooter frame. Dang, that might be a different idea.:)

If you search and are unable to find your answers, don't hesitate to post your question. Someone will steer you to a link, or reply to your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D
You may have seen this, but here's a great MBc starter "link" to get you motoring.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=10392

Welcome Jake,sometimes smarts are not enough to keep you out of trouble.Gloves&helmet are a good idea,really tough jeans wouldn't hurt to have on either.With a piece of plywood you could easily widen the bottom plate some,or is that uncool?.I've been to Brisbane NSW,nice place ! Take care.

Welcome, one thing I noticed was your sprocket. Looks like you mounted the black rubber gasket on the out side of the sprocket. The black rubber gasket should be mounted on the back side (inside) of the sprocket so it sandwiches the spokes between the two gaskets. I don't think it would be a good idea to mount that on the outside, but thats just my $.02.

i always wore long pants and a long sleeved shirt some of my friends thought it looked stupid but i said when your going 60kmph it would hurt if you fell off.

with the sprocket i wasnt shure what to do so i just did that my engine came with no instructions. with the deck I was thinking of cutting a skateboard deck to fit on. I got it by a car coming home on my 500watt electric scooter I had a bike helmet on and lucky i did because it cracked I had a white front light and a red flashing light at the front and the stupid woman still didnt see me plus I had a fluro white shirt on and not to mention that there is 2 street lights and a bunch of buissnesses which its car park is fully lighted she still didnt see me. still recovering got road rash on my shoulder and all the force from the fall went through my shoulder to my shoulder blade and I cant bend down or pick up anything too heavy and thats still after a week. but im getting money from the lady to pay for a new scooter but put it towards my bike and engine.

It does,a lot, you can get sort of partially skinned alive,hurts like ****.Brisbane is in Queensland not in NSW,what was I thinking.

Back