Hey, there!

N

nashe

Hi, board.

Brand new here .. and relatively new to the idea of motorized bikes!

I've teetered between getting a moped or a small motorcycle for a while now--but the idea of motorizing a bicycle sounds like a blast. And good practice/a learning experience when it comes to working with engines.

My neighborhood is scooter/bike-friendly; most of the places I roll on are close .. And it's summer! What an exciting project. :)

So glad I stumbled on this forum. I ordered my engine kit a couple of days ago .. and I've been desperately scouring the 'net for an info-well like this.

I think imma' wait for my engine to arrive before getting the bike itelf; especially after reading all the horror stories of folks with motors that don't want to fit their bikes.

Hm .. I guess I'll quit before I get too rambly. But expect to listen to dozens of questions from me in the near future! :p

Hey Nashe,

So, what kind of engine kit did you get? Have you picked out a bike?

These things are a lot more fun than mopeds, you can zip thru shortcuts, and nobody notices the engines thanks to AIR CONDITIONING keeping them cooped up.

80cc chinese

Hi all,
I just purchased the 80cc chinese engine kit from ebay...I cant wait it should be shipped out here any day now...I still need a bike though...lol
I like hermossasa vikings bike...it's from the online walmart store for $79.00. I was going to look here in my home town first...I used to own a moped as a kid, and now I will own it as a grandma LOL. Need to install sidecar for for Loomis my dog...lol Just klidding he'll just have to go in the car. Have a great day all and happy trails...

bamabikeguy said:
Hey Nashe,

So, what kind of engine kit did you get? Have you picked out a bike?

These things are a lot more fun than mopeds, you can zip thru shortcuts, and nobody notices the engines thanks to AIR CONDITIONING keeping them cooped up.

It's an 80cc engine from the Kings Motor Bikes web site. I'm thinkin' it's probably Chinese .. but I don't know.

I'm waiting on the bike. Right now I ride around on a huge old vintage Sears 10 speed (it was free! :D), but the gears are kind of wonky and the frame is too big for me. I'd like something a bit smaller (more controllable) if imma' be flying around on a motor.

I'd like to track down an old Schwinn or another vintage-y Sears bike; but if all else fails I know I have a couple old Trek mountain bikes at my parents' house. We'll see what turns up![/b]

Re: 80cc chinese

quay1962 said:
Hi all,
I like hermossasa vikings bike...it's from the online walmart store for $79.00.

That's a rockin' deal for that bike. Too bad Wal-mart has to be so EVIL! :p :)

Craigslist is an easy source for bikes, even go an hour or two radius to track down a good one.

My bike store dealer got a 1950's Schwin Phantom (black), a rare one with zero dents, for $300, worth $3,500.

But there are plenty of bargains for $50 or less.

Welcome to the forum!!!

Good call on waiting to get a bike until you get your motor. I got a bike before i got my motor and ended up having to get a different bike cause it didnt fit on that one.

I'm definitely scouring that 50-bucks-or-less bargain bin at this point.
.. yeah. And crossing my fingers that something will turn up on Craigslist or Ebay.

But I'm not too picky. This is my first project, so I'm more concerned with something that runs than something that looks uber-awesome.

The uber-awesomeness will come later. :cool:

Free-
601_Ross_Olympia_1.jpg

35 dollars-
601_bike_045_1.jpg

Both found between ordering my kit, and getting it.
Keep looking!

nashe said:
The uber-awesomeness will come later. :cool:

that's the 'tude! :devilish:

i liked hearing how your line of thought switched to a motoredbike. i may be biased, but i think you've made the right choice...
welcome to MBc 8)

Back