Hey! whats up?

i have recieved much needed help! thanks everyone! I have looked everywhere for a beach cruiser style bike and i cant find anything for under $200! Im not sure what to do with the whole multi gear bikes. Will that get in the way? or is it better than a single gear bike?

try target ...
they have a 7sp cruiser (Schwinn Jaguar) with front and back v-brakes for 100$
good luck on your build

Thanks i will have to look there. I originally wanted just a single gear bike to keep it simple, but from what i have read on here about them with the coaster brakes locking up and everything i think i am just going to get a multi-speed bike with a good front and back brake.

Last edited:
You could buy a multispeed bike, keep the 2 or 3 chainring front and replace the rear hub with a single speed freewheel sprocket on a Grubee HD hub from Birddog. I think that he offers a solid rear hub with bandbrake assembly. That might be the best of all worlds.

I still recommend front suspension of some kind no matter what bike style you buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could buy a multispeed bike, keep the 2 or 3 chainring front and replace the rear hub with a single speed freewheel sprocket on a Grubee HD hub from Birddog. I think that he offers a solid rear hub with bandbrake assembly. That might be the best of all worlds.

I still recommend front suspension of some kind no matter what bike style you buy.

Have you ever seen a cruser style bike with a front suspension? or would i just need to buy a fork with the suspension?

I think the Schwinn Clearcreek cruiser has MTB suspension. I just love the look of the behive springers. Guy's 30+ years older than me see it and i think they're gonna start crying. The one thing about Schwinn is the headset is 1" and the steertube is something like 6", as is my FS Elite. I've spent too much time looking for those requirements on an mtb suspension. Most are 1-1/8 and 5". I have not found sprigers that will take disc brakes, but that's just a "want" not a "need".

The Clearcreek is very nice looking and has the features I was looking for but I actually carried my kings "80" to Target and tried to get it to fit but no joy. That stylish concave downtube made it too small. Maybe other motors could be made to fit but I had no success.

YMMV

Back