Hey! whats up?

The Clearcreek is very nice looking and has the features I was looking for but I actually carried my kings "80" to Target and tried to get it to fit but no joy. That stylish concave downtube made it too small. Maybe other motors could be made to fit but I had no success.

YMMV

I knew there was a reason I didn't buy it. Thanks for reminding me. I could tell by looking at it 15 feet above my head that it wouldn't take a HT or fight the install.
Sorry if I'm hijacking.

try target ...
they have a 7sp cruiser (Schwinn Jaguar) with front and back v-brakes for 100$
good luck on your build

I just bought that Schwinn Jaguar u told me about. its a great bike and the brakes can make you STOP! Thanks for the help. Now its on to the engine. im looking to get that 49cc 4-stroke from bike-engines.com. i was excited because all of the reviews were good, 4 or 5 stars, but today some guy got on there and gave 2 stars! He said it was poorly made and not worth it. Im kinda freaked out. what do you guys think?

Last edited:
as far as I know, it is the best frame-mount, 4stroke kit available
if I had the $$$, I would order 1 tomorrow :D

I thought it was a good one. The only other idea i had was to just go with the mounting kit and then get a honda motor, but thats a lot of money. I would have gone with a 2-stroke, but i cant find a place to buy them after they got outlawed or whatever.

having had a look at one version of the honda-copy (what i've come to see as the 4-stroke HT) i expect to see a few complaints based on low quality. same as with the 2-strokes, somehow people forget about the part where you get what you pay for.

now, we have to begin a new collection of info about the Happy-Time(s)4, and that means we're all newbies again. it does seem that grube has the most popular (and probably the best overall) frame-mount install kit right now, but unless we can afford to strap hondas to these various new kits, we better get crackin' on learning the new chinese engines. will it become "numerous sources & levels of quality" as with the 2-stroke? i think yes, but time will tell.

the Titan system is still in development, but i've already begun to post inspection and prep tips for the HT4 engine, it's not much to look at but i'll get better: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=8865

I just ordered my 4-stroke kit from bicycle-engines! im excited! Any suggestions for the build besides getting stainless steel nuts and bolts?

Last edited:
go over the bike with a fine tooth comb, get it ready mechanically (grease bearings, lube chain, adjust brakes...etc)
once you get it motored, you will want to ride all the time, so get it ship shape now
the good weather's comin' :D

go over the bike with a fine tooth comb, get it ready mechanically (grease bearings, lube chain, adjust brakes...etc)
once you get it motored, you will want to ride all the time, so get it ship shape now
the good weather's comin' :D

Thats a good idea. I need to order that 2 in 1 brake lever from spookytooth, and i want to get a retro-looking speedometer from them too. Its about to warm up here, but im in missouri, so the weather is crazy and it can be 70 degrees one day and snowing the next. I hate it. Thanks for the help.

I got my speedometer from spookytooth. its the retro one. i hooked it up, but i messed my V-brakes up in the process and i cant fix them! The pads either rub against the rim, or they are a little ways away and i pull the lever all the way down and it doesnt put enough pressure on the pads to help me stop at all. If you can help that would be great!

Last edited:
Hey everyone. I got my kit and motor in today. It all looks great except for the instructions... they are faded and nearly impossible to read, and to top it off there are holes in them. I checked the website that i got it from (Bicycle-engines.com) to print another copy, but it just said the instructions were includede with every kit and they will post the online version soon. can anyone help me because i really dont want to try to tackle this thing with partial instructions.

Back