Hey y'all noobie here. Long time reader first time poster.

Like the bike

• Yay

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
image.jpeg

Very nice. A good size gas tank, strong wheels (I assume CNC sprocket adaptor), splash guards on a mountain bike, boost bottle, muffler holders, disc brakes. A+++

Boost bottles are a hotly debated subject. Do you notice a difference with or without?

Steve
I had installed it from the get go, this is a build I've just finished... Well sort of, had it running Monday and now after I tried to level off the air intake it won't run 8(

What do you figure?
Air leak on your modified intake?
Float level problems?
It it flooding? (petrol smell on plug and out of exhaust)
or lean? (dry plug, no petrol smell)
Spark? (hard to see on these)

FIX IT! I WANNA HEAR HOW IT RUNS! :)

Steve

Could be an air leak, feels like flooding though. I did notice an air leak on the exhaust very minor but not sure if that could be an issue too. I'm also going to look at my cdi settings (it's a jaguar cdi) I had a look at the spark plug with it out of the motor and it looked a little bit orange, I would have thought it would be blue being a supposedly top notch cdi maybe jaguar could chime in with some tips on the dip switches as I didn't get %100 understanding off the webpage.

Soo I checked the seal around the intake and it was pretty good but I flattened it a tiny bit more and took it up to 1200 grit on a glass table. So that's all good. Got a new plug just to be sure and that made it a little better but it's still running rich (the underlying problem).
I've been looking around everywhere for a place that has jets that will fit but no one around Perth wants to know (bike shops, go kart shops, even a motorised bike shop and I got desperate and tried a lawn mover shop for good measure!)
I've asked Fabian if he could point me in the right direction as to getting parts here in Australia I've crossed his posts a lot in my journey to build my troublesome machine :D

P.S. Any info on carb jetting i.e. Where to get them and how to tell if they will fit is welcome.

Oh and I nearly forgot I have a runtong carburettor the delarto clone.

1200 grit is overkill by a long shot. 300 would be fine.
A little "tooth" actually gives a better seal than highly polished.

Adjusting float level SLIGHTLY can make slight (one jet) adjustments in mixture.
Understand the difference between the needle adjustment and the jet.
Float level adjusts both.

Steve

Back