Hey y'all noobie here. Long time reader first time poster.

Like the bike

• Yay

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I do understand the principle of the float and the slide needle, but in my carby there's is no slide needle, and there is no float adjustment the little stopper dealy that lets in the petrochemical type stuff is on the actual plastic float itself. The only adjustment there is, is the main jet.
And Fabian got back to me and said any 5mm dellorto jets should fit so I have ordered #60-#75 in one size increments figured it's worth having the small set there for future builds and also to tune this one just right. Should have them in about 3 working days.

Very nice. How is that chain tensioner working out?
Working good but I did have to put a stainless steel cable tie on the front just to stop it going too far up where the springs could not handle the tension and it dropped the chain tensioner pulley too far down and it got caught.
Once I had done that it was perfect.

But I snapped my motor mounting bolts o_O
Working on a fix when i get the time and a new universal motor mount I hadn't seen till about a week ago.

Hi Mr. DMO.
A friend of mine is going to build a bike too. And it has a wide front down tube like yours. And he is worried about he would have the same problem with the exhaust not fitting. He would like to know how wide your front down tube is? Thank you for your time! Ken. Keep looking up!

Hi Mr. DMO.
A friend of mine is going to build a bike too. And it has a wide front down tube like yours. And he is worried about he would have the same problem with the exhaust not fitting. He would like to know how wide your front down tube is? Thank you for your time! Ken. Keep looking up!
Hi Ken I'll have a look when I get home I know it was quite big and an oval shape. I had to get my own mounting hardware for it.

OK, thank you! My friend is worried just about everything .
The width is about 55mm(2.1") the length is about 60mm(2.3") and the circumference is about 170mm(6.7")

The problem I had was not with the frame but the exhaust hitting the pedals because of the way it's mounted I guess, it's a small frame for a motor and the clearances are so tight I have to use a shorty spark plug. Let me know if your friend needs any other info happy to help man ;)

Thank you Sir, I had the same problem with the pedals hitting the muffler. I just heated up the header pipe with a tourch and bent it out of the way of the pedals and closer to the frame so the brace bracket would reach it.
Thank you for your help, I will tell him the measurements you gave me. I don't think he will have any problems. His tube is round and is probably about 2" . Thanks again ! Ken.
Keep looking up!

I did
Thank you Sir, I had the same problem with the pedals hitting the muffler. I just heated up the header pipe with a tourch and bent it out of the way of the pedals and closer to the frame so the brace bracket would reach it.
Thank you for your help, I will tell him the measurements you gave me. I don't think he will have any problems. His tube is round and is probably about 2" . Thanks again ! Ken.
Keep looking up!
I needed to use an adaptor plate that can be found pretty easy and I believe there's better ones out there now that are a bit easier to work with. But the U-bolts that came with it were garbage. If that is the way he's going to got then tell him to go get some 1/2" or maybe slightly smaller (not too good with imperial) U-bolts and use them instead.
image.jpeg

Yes! He has talked to someone who uses a plate of some kind and drills a hole through the frame and the plate, and then bolts them together . I think that is what he is thinking about doing. Thanks again for all your help.
Need to see a video of you riding your scoot!
Keep looking up! Ken.

Back