Hey y'all noobie here. Long time reader first time poster.

Like the bike

• Yay

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yes! He has talked to someone who uses a plate of some kind and drills a hole through the frame and the plate, and then bolts them together . I think that is what he is thinking about doing. Thanks again for all your help.
Need to see a video of you riding your scoot!
Keep looking up! Ken.
You don't really want to drill the bike frame if it can be avoided. He should use something like this.
https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/261985426863
And get a better/stronger U-bolt from a local hardware store, I drilled the holes bigger and used about a 1/2" stainless steel U-bolt set as pictured above.

Oh and I did have to file away the top of the motor just slightly to get the bigger sized nuts to tighten up properly

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Yep , that is what I told him. But he seams to think that drilling a hole in the frame will be ok , because other people do it. Oh well, we will see. Thanks again! Keep looking up! Ken.

I know this is old but did you ever figure out why it was running rich and how to fix it?

Hey all!
I'm on my first build. After watching several videos, I've opted for an aftermarket rear sprocket and chain tensioner. I'm a little confused about the measurements of the sprocket/axle. The original sprocket is a 44 tooth model with a mount hole diameter of 1.5 inches. The outside diameter of the innermost axle is 1 inch. When ordering another sprocket, which of these measurements should be used.
It seems that the sprocket adapter should fit tightly on the axle - which would be 1". The sprocket itself however, wouldn't fit if it is also sent with a 1" diameter mount hole.

Attachments

• 1534708119591-389351299.jpg
    1534708119591-389351299.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 155
  • 1534708185404-2051135765.jpg
    1534708185404-2051135765.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 158
Hey all!
I'm on my first build. After watching several videos, I've opted for an aftermarket rear sprocket and chain tensioner. I'm a little confused about the measurements of the sprocket/axle. The original sprocket is a 44 tooth model with a mount hole diameter of 1.5 inches. The outside diameter of the innermost axle is 1 inch. When ordering another sprocket, which of these measurements should be used.
It seems that the sprocket adapter should fit tightly on the axle - which would be 1". The sprocket itself however, wouldn't fit if it is also sent with a 1" diameter mount hole.
it seems no one is watching this thread anymore I would recomend starting another.

Back