Heya!

Rainsawck!

Local time
8:28 AM
Hey, my name's Christopher, and I'm extremely excited for the DelMar Schwinn Cruiser and 50cc Engine kit I bought the other day, just waiting for it to get here. From Central Indiana, and thought you guys were amazing for having such a wealth of information for beginners. I'll let you know how it goes. Thank you again!

Hi Christopher!
I just finished a Del Mar build! Here's a couple of things I ran ito:
1. I ended up reversing the sprocket so the concave faced out. This was the only way to clear the tire.
2. I did have to trim the rear fender for chain clearance.
3. The Del has a very large tube frame so I had to make a different sized front motor-mount.
4. Tube size also made me rebend the muffler strap.
5. No matter how tight or with rubber mounting pieces could I get the chain tensioner to keep from turning into the spokes! I ended up drilling a small hole in the tensioner bracket and bike frame. and pinning it so it wouldn't turn.

WOW! This weekend was spent having the time of my life! Break-in the motor slowly and you'll have a great time!! TJ

OH, one other thing, depending on your kit you may have to enlarge the center hole on your sprocket. I used a rotory file in an air drill and several (hundred!) strokes of a curved file to get it to fit over the rear hub. TJ

Toddjlyons, thank you, but you just scared the **** out of me.

Lmao. I have absolutely no mechanical experience. I don't know what I'm going to do if I run into those problems. @_@

Thank you for the warning though.

welcome,
everyone of those things is common, and many have gotten thru it
just search for your problem and the answers are there
the wealth of experience here is a pretty cool thing

Back