HF 2.5HP is a killer engine! New Speed Record!

I went to Kmart with a drawing I made of the Hf and it would not fit into the Schwinn Cruiser that was there (I really liked the bike-had gears and brakes on both ends).
I figure if the top bars that came up from the back were cut out, like the bike above -it might fit- up high. The bike above looks like a candidate. BUT what about brakes? You need serious brakes.

Professor,

thanks for your input, brakes are of my least concern.

My local bike shop guy is very cooperative and open to MB idea, he is doing electric bikes.

I am sure he can help me to find suitable front brake, and if needed rear brake besides coaster brake.

You can buy this bike with 3 speed or 7 speed for more $$.

I am entertaining the idea of this bike with 79cc engine and Nuvinci drive, that would be a KILLER!

Or Honda GX50 or Titan center mount with Nuvinci, I like it too.

The problem is gear reduction, center mount 4 stroke to NuVinci rear hub, I do not see Staton box with center mount.

NuVinci drive is not cheap, but this bike and HF engine are, so that would balance the whole thing price wise.

I need a powerful, tree climbing setup for off road mountain tracks and decent speed to get me to those tracks.

Shift kit/jackshaft idea is out for safety reason (exposed chain and sprocket close to riders body. Ouch!)

Shift kit perhaps acceptable for paved roads, but not for my intended application.

I went to Kmart with a drawing I made of the Hf and it would not fit into the Schwinn Cruiser that was there (I really liked the bike-had gears and brakes on both ends).
I figure if the top bars that came up from the back were cut out, like the bike above -it might fit- up high. The bike above looks like a candidate. BUT what about brakes? You need serious brakes.

It should fit into a Schwinn cruiser frame as long as you mount it low enough. Fitting a shorter crank or bending the crank can help you acheive a lower installation. Here's the HF 79cc-powered bike RdKryton and I built. The engine is mounted on a 1957 Schwinn Corvette.

Attachments

• IMG_0751.JPG
    IMG_0751.JPG
    256.9 KB · Views: 627
Professor,

thanks for your input, brakes are of my least concern.

My local bike shop guy is very cooperative and open to MB idea, he is doing electric bikes.

I am sure he can help me to find suitable front brake, and if needed rear brake besides coaster brake.

You can buy this bike with 3 speed or 7 speed for more $$.

I am entertaining the idea of this bike with 79cc engine and Nuvinci drive, that would be a KILLER!

Or Honda GX50 or Titan center mount with Nuvinci, I like it too.

The problem is gear reduction, center mount 4 stroke to NuVinci rear hub, I do not see Staton box with center mount.

NuVinci drive is not cheap, but this bike and HF engine are, so that would balance the whole thing price wise.

I need a powerful, tree climbing setup for off road mountain tracks and decent speed to get me to those tracks.

Shift kit/jackshaft idea is out for safety reason (exposed chain and sprocket close to riders body. Ouch!)

Shift kit perhaps acceptable for paved roads, but not for my intended application.

Time for a REALITY CHECK! Brakes are the least of your concerns? Dude, brakes are top priority on these things. Going 40 is great, but STOPPING is a whole lot better. Sure beats jumping out infront of a garbage truck, huh? Again....REALITY CHECK!

Actually, the drive chain is not next to you- the chain you pedal is. You know it's funny, the Mongoose I got at walmart has a chainguard and kickstand, but the Trek had neither when I got it and it costs about 3x what the Goose was.
I am also thinking you meant, you should have not problem putting brakes on the front, rather than what Young describes.

Time for a REALITY CHECK! Brakes are the least of your concerns? Dude, brakes are top priority on these things. Going 40 is great, but STOPPING is a whole lot better. Sure beats jumping out infront of a garbage truck, huh? Again....REALITY CHECK!

Dude, I said in my post that I am going to install the front brake and the extra rear brake besides coaster brake if I go for this particular bike and engine.
Thats 3 brakes.

Don't you think 3 brakes will be sufficient to prevent me from hitting a dump truck? LOL.

Neither I am going to try to beat speed records, I need a setup capable of climbing trees not for speed.

"Reality check" is that you did not read my whole post.

It should fit into a Schwinn cruiser frame as long as you mount it low enough. Fitting a shorter crank or bending the crank can help you acheive a lower installation. Here's the HF 79cc-powered bike RdKryton and I built. The engine is mounted on a 1957 Schwinn Corvette.

That's very nice.... can you give me build details? I have one of these engines working as a friction drive, but I want something I can use in the rain.

Hi...I am looking to buy something framed mounted, chain drive thats already done...Or, pay someone to build me one...Any suggestions ??

Dave, you would get more response if you post that question in the general or frame mount section. State where you are too. I know there are vendors selling the whole bike. I reccomend a 4 stroke.

Many thanks Professor...I am not great at this data mining stuff but I will try and find that category...I am on the West coast, northern California, San Francisco Bay area...Thanks for your help...

Back