HF predator clutch ??

bike4life

Local time
8:39 AM
These engines have a centrifugal clutch built in right ?? Or do I have to buy one. If I don’t install one will that screw up my disc brakes and take a full mile to stop.

No. You have to buy one.
If you don't install one, you won't have to worry about brakes. You won't be moving.
How ?? When the engine is started the shaft will move and turn a sprocket which powers a wheel. R u saying the engine won’t have enough energy to pass the inertia of the wheel. It needs to pick up speed and then engage ?

I mean what would happen if I added a sprocket to the shaft directly without first adding a centrifugal clutch. Wouldn’t the engine have enough torque to start even without it.

How ?? When the engine is started the shaft will move and turn a sprocket which powers a wheel. R u saying the engine won’t have enough energy to pass the inertia of the wheel. It needs to pick up speed and then engage ?
You could start a 79 cc without a centrifugal or manual clutch and take off if you push it a bit to get going.
But when you come to a stop or slow down below idle speed your motor will stall and you will have restart it.
Not too many people will put up with that.
I have ridden a clutchless friction drive like that. Everytime you stop the motor stalls so you have to pedal to restart.
A pull started motor would be harder to use because if you are stationary the motor would try to move the
bike then die when started.

I mean what would happen if I added a sprocket to the shaft directly without first adding a centrifugal clutch. Wouldn’t the engine have enough torque to start even without it.
Nope!

You could start a 79 cc without a centrifugal or manual clutch and take off if you push it a bit to get going.
But when you come to a stop or slow down below idle speed your motor will stall and you will have restart it.
Not too many people will put up with that.
I have ridden a clutchless friction drive like that. Everytime you stop the motor stalls so you have to pedal to restart.
A pull started motor would be harder to use because if you are stationary the motor would try to move the
bike then die when started.
Thx this was the expl. That I was looking for.

I think the old board track bikes were direct drive and the only way to slow down was kill switching because of the lack of a clutch. Clutch is alot better though since well, the engine dies every time you stop since the wheel is still under power. That's why most motorcycles have a clutch handle on the left. In fact real motorcycles are basically the same thing as a china girl with the clutch except motorcycles have multiple speeds. I want to get a Kawasaki ninja 500R. Almost done with the motorized bike stage.

Back