hf79cc hold the governor ?

Last edited:
Also bats a young guy on youtube removed his 79cc gov for a stand up scooter and it hasn't blown up. He even did a video to show how to do it, Vasily custom builds. I think it would be cool to take 2 79cc engines to make a 160cc vtwin. I don't know how well the chinese cast would weld though.

IMG_5672_1024x1024.JPG

This is a billet flywheel for the 79cc predator engine,it's from Agk the parts are out there you just have to know what your looking for.

Dream builds? Funness...
Likely the crank etc might be as big a hurdle as welding the case, and no matter how great a job the builder does its still a cheap little import engine,
But if someone makes a twin i would love to watch a viddy of it running,

I saw that young cat tear the governor out and watched a few other of his videos,
I question if its not easier and safer to just remove the flywheel and tap the pin out like that kart shop article does, but im OCD and detail oriented.

I have to wonder if a lot of peoole come post that they removed their governors and had a castration the hard way,
I wonder if anyone has reported blowing up these engines at all?
With the volume of people running them shouldnt they be gernading right and left?

Perhaps i can find a video of one flying into pieces....but seems that plastic fan will go south first

Ah , but now im askew from my orginal question, under normal running for my aplication will removing the governor even help, i was thinking it might since ill be throttling up and down,

I can actually text my question pretty easily,
Remove the linkage/connection from governor arm to throttle and attach a weak spring to it to hold the arm against the governor still in the case, so it doesnt flop around,
Now governor arm will still move, but have no effect on throttle,
I wouldnt try this and rev it high but for my project it will be an okay albeit a shadetree way to test it.

Ah , but now im askew from my orginal question, under normal running for my aplication will removing the governor even help, i was thinking it might since ill be throttling up and down,

If it will make any difference, most all mini bikes sold back in the day all had governors, seam to work fine. Back in the late 50's i took it out of a 1 1/2 hp Briggs, did good got 10 mph more out of my motor bike, but not long after crank went flat. LOL

Back