Hi, All! Newbie checking in.

depatty

Local time
6:25 PM
New to this site and to motorized bikes, though not to bikes or building/modifying them. Looks like there is a lot of good info here.

As for me, have been riding bikes of one form or another for about 50 years now. Live in east central Alabama and have many hills to contend with no matter which way I go from home to get to anywhere. As the legs and joints are getting older and hurting more and more, I started looking into some form of assistance when riding. Got piles of bicycle bits and pieces I have collected over the years and am looking to build an electrically assisted trike. Just got a Schwinn electric scooter that I am looking to cut up to use as motor/controller drive assembly. Got to looking online to find ideas to borrow/modify and found this site. Did a bit of reading and wanted to comment/ask questions on a few things so decided to join. And that's about it for now.

Thanks to all of y'all that have contributed to this site!
Dave

howdy

I can relate to the creaky knees!

My office is a short bike ride away with a big hill coming home. Just this past season I got bifocals and notices a few complaints from the old knee bones on the way home.

Electric trike sounds pretty cool.

Chris

Back