hi any advice on bumblebee bolt on kit? thinking of buying one? reviews, tips,comment

joshua97

Local time
3:09 PM
hi I'm seriously thinking of buying a bumble bee bolt on. i have a china girl mid frame kit at the moment and it does 46 kph its a xbox 66cc. I'm always having the usual problems with these engines. does any one here own or have had a bumblebee kit? how fast are thy? are they reliable. is hill climbing any good (to an extent :) ) i at least have to go 40 kph? and does the roller slip at all act. any comments or pros/coms are appreciated thanks :)

I don't know about speed/reliability, but being in Britain, friction drivers are near useless with the unpredictability of our weather.

You're in Perth, Western Australia(?), I gather it's dry enough there for you. Somebody else will tell you about the relative go and reliability of a BB, although Fabian may not be entirely complimentary, given his past arguments with Bch Cruiser on this.

Insomnia kicking my butt here so I'll chime in, you get what you pay for.If you look at the kit it looks as if the metal itself is thin gauge.The pressure is maintained by a bungee cord, that is not what I'd call good and possibly not safe.A chinese 25cc motor that may pull you on a flat to 25 mph with a tailwind.
Look at all the FD kits out there chinese or not, they all basically look the same, now look at the BB, and I hope you'll see the lack in strength of build.To top it off the engagement lever, bent or not, seems like something I would not want to have near my goods in a wreck.
I've seen homebuilds that have better structural integrity.

ah i suddenly realise my initial thoughts were right haha, any othe kits available and recomended? pref a friction drive? thanks

I am sure that there are other members who can come forward with good advise on quality friction drive kits.

I am not experienced enough with these drive systems to give any well researched opinion, other than that forum members have made positive comment (in other threads) on well designed kits from selected manufacturers.

What's the rainfall like in WA? Will you be likely to ride in the wet? Friction drive is great until water gets between the roller and the wheel. Then it isn't.

Back