Hi from Buenos Aires, Argentina

F

funker

Hi, I'm Leandro, from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
I'm a Electronic's Engineer, and my motored biked it's one of my biggest hobbies today. It's was one my dreams when i was kid to have a bicycle with an engine. And peculiarly it was my first two wheels motored vehicle, and my intro to motorcycles.
Talking about the machine, it's an standard frame (it's the only thing that remains standard), with mountain bike suspension, a front tire of 17" from a 110cc chinese motorcycle (i really need more braking power), a rear tire of 26" with double wall and standard V-brake system, the engine it's the common 48cc 2-stroke (made 8 years ago, but only 3 of use and more than 1200 miles), with wet centrifugal clutch and rope start, the clutch was modified to a morini motor clutch, the carb it's a Dell'orto SHA1412 (great carb, solve all my problems!), a moped adapted exhaust, a small (50cc) brass home made boost bottle, and a 38 tooth sprocket. It's has an electrical system with brake light, front light (using high bright LEDs), horn (very useful in Buenos Aires were everybody drives like crazy), all powered with a NiCd 8V/1Ah battery pack.
Well i think that's all :confused:
Hope you enjoy viewing the pics of this crazy machine.
The "forest" behind the bike, it's my father's garden :p

Leandro

PD: I apologise for my english :oops:

Attachments

• K800_P1010001.JPG
    K800_P1010001.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 208
  • K800_P1010002.JPG
    K800_P1010002.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 193
  • K800_P1010003.JPG
    K800_P1010003.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 172
  • K800_DSCN0039.JPG
    K800_DSCN0039.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 167
  • K800_DSCN0040.JPG
    K800_DSCN0040.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 186
Last edited by a moderator:
wow! Welcome to MBc. I don't know much about forks. Since it's a motorcycle wheel did it need wider forks. If so how did you adapt them?
Cool bike

wow! Welcome to MBc. I don't know much about forks. Since it's a motorcycle wheel did it need wider forks. If so how did you adapt them?
Cool bike

Thanks Scottm! the forks are bicycle standard, i only have to "open" the tire's mounting holes, and some minor adjustments nothing hard to do, the motorcycle wheel, fits almost instantly (at least this model). And increased the not only the braking power but the lasting of it, with standard bike tire/brakes i almost have to replace the brake "shoes" (i dont know the word) every two weeks. And, i have an accident for having low perfomance brakes, so this was the solution, not quite elegant for me, but efective, even in rainy days.

Welcome to MBc. :cool:
What a cool build, I like the front fork and the exhaust.

Thanks Abeagle! the fork it's a Logan for bicycle (we call it here "double christ") because have two plates.

welcome to MBc ! :D
cool looking bike
I like how you adapted the motorcycle parts to work

Thanks azkronic! the replaced parts were changed by "need", for example, the carb was replaced because the original was terrible low quality and always have some problem, leaks were common if you dont close the fuel tank valve. I know that newer version of the kit have improved carb and there is no need to change it, anyway, for my it was my solution for several problems. The Dellorto carb fits perfectly and have an amazing performance, almost instant starting, excellent idling and good throttle response.

Back