Hi from Michigan

btyler

Local time
4:24 AM
I built my first bike about a month ago, been enjoying it since. I've seen 3 other riders while I was cruisin'. I'll be looking for em.

Hi btyler and welcome. And I'm also glad to hear that there are other motor assisted bicycles in your area.

Michigan is my home state. Hillsdale County, to be exact. How about you?

I was raised and live within 3 miles of the hospital where I was born in Grand Rapids. In fact I work about 500 feet from that hospital. I have traveled across the USA many times but Mi. is the best I think.

I love Michigan, too. But the drivers are among the most nasty I've ever seen. Whenever I see one, "blue plate.....yuck!" comes to mind. Even when they're behaving perfectly nice. So I'm not always right about that.
I have an old friend near Hillsdale who's afraid to ride his bike out in this very, very rural county. Curves, small sharp hills, narrow roads and the drivers do 70 mph. I can't blame him. This whole county was only about 30,000 people when I left. I suppose it's more today, but probably not a lot. Isn't it sad that people can't ride a bike in a place like that. But I shouldn't dump on Michigan alone. It's kinda like that everywhere. It can be bad here in Illinois, but at least visibility is less of an issue.

Oh well, have fun and be careful.

Back