Hi from NC

lonjack

Local time
12:14 AM
Hi everyone

Been looking around here for a few weeks and like what I see, especially the positive helpful atmosphere. Not a lot of sniping from what I could see.

Been tinkering with things most of my 62 years. Restored a few cars, a couple of old wood boats, and a house or two. Looks like this would be a good project for me so I can go bike riding (at least that's my story for my cardiologist and I'm sticking to it) and have an alternate means of transportation when I desire.

I grew up as a bike kid in the 50's to early 60's. I was fortunate that my dad had a gun shop and the distributor he bought from represented Columbia bikes as well. Every fall we'd go to their open house in Middletown NY to see all the oferings for Christmas, but my folks could never pry me away from the Columbia display. So, I'm thinking that my first project is going to be some type of tribute to that era.

Retired now & living just north of Charlotte NC, so we have a lot of good year round weather to enjoy a MB.

Y'all take care.

Lon

Lon, welcome to MBc from another Columbia enthusiast. My first Motoredbike was built on a '46 Columbia frame. With four Motoredbikes in my stable, that first one is still one of my favorites.

Attachments

• Columbia701a.jpg
    Columbia701a.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 107
Lon, welcome to MBc from another Columbia enthusiast. My first Motoredbike was built on a '46 Columbia frame. With four Motoredbikes in my stable, that first one is still one of my favorites.

Could I ask....where you got your tan seat...looks like it was on the brown bike and now the Columbia.
TX Jim

Lee - from the foothills, it's a pleasure to be here. Of course, as I get older, it's a pleasure to be anywhere.

Kilroy - your bike is absolutely stunning. A real jewel.

Lon

Howdy Tarheel

I'm in Raleigh. Your CV fits mine to an amazing degree--old cars, old houses, wooden boats. Not quite as old as you, but I hope to be some day.

I've got an old Cleveld Welding Corp All American I just set up--look for it in the pictures section.

Welcome

Chris

Back