Hi from Newport Beach

N

nweiner

Just saying hi from southern california. I have 2 King's kits both on schwinn beach cruisers. One is on a regular single speed coaster and the other is being modded to fit a heavy duti. I have been slowly getting into motorcycle riding but am now taking a step towards these guys because they are so simple and fun.

Quick question...
what materials are okay to make fuel tanks out of?
I want to do a copper tank, but might be limited by my metal working skills. Is ABS okay? what other materials can be used without reacting with the fuel?

Welcome. I'm just up the road in Costa Mesa. Everytime I ride down to Newport I get asked about my bike a dozen or so times.

I saw some chopper by Jason Jesse that had copper everything, but I don't really know the details. Hopefully somebody who knows something will answer about the tank questions.

welcome, nweiner, to MBc ! :D
copper will work, so will just about any metal but copper or brass would probably be easist to work into shape

Welcome:D

Have you tried doing a search on tanks here. I know other members here have done the same thing and have bought an internal tank sealer to stop leaks. Apparently it works very well but needs to be applied prior to use.

Try searching on 'tank sealer'.

Back