hi from oahu

OKAY..... We can help, but we need a starting point. First of all, welcome to this forum, where good, civil manners will take you far and attacking sarcasm gets you thrown out. Tell us a proper introduction so we can get get acquainted. Who, what, where, etc. You know the drill.

After you spend a few hours reading various "stickies" of wisdom and experience, tell us what you think you can do for yourself and what kind of budget you have. What kind of restraints must you consider? Money? Cheap builds don't last if you won't spend the money nor spend the time for tools and what it takes to learn on your own. Unsure you can do this? Sure you can, if you learn from your mistakes; better yet, learn from other builders' mistakes. We all make mistakes. We share them to other builders and move closer to completion of our first build. Everyone here has had a first build or are working on it. AND... Photos of any stage of your build are always welcomed. And with you being from Hawaii, a few good background photos will make me wish I was there instead of outside shoveling a foot of snow...

MikeJ (and overlook some misspelled words that I did not fix...)

Here are important questions to consider when building for yourself or others:

1) What is the predominant riding terrain?
2) What type of physique does the primary rider have?
3) What will the rider's local laws allow and require them to have?
(Lookup and personally read these laws.)
4) What kind of bike is being motorized?
5) What is the bike to be used for?
6) How much of a budget is to be used for the build?

Seek the answers to these questions in order to get the most out of the bike you're building. We're here to help with any questions you may have. Good luck with your build.

Back