Hi, from South Austin, Texas

64ragtop

Local time
2:52 AM
OK, I'm an overweight, out of shape (well, I guess "pear" is a shape), disabled veteran. I want and need to get into better physical condition, and think biking could be a way to do so. I'm here to learn what is available to assist me in getting out there and doing it.

Later!!

:confused:

Hey 64, and welcome to the site! I think you'll find some folks here that are in the same situation. I believe that MBing is a good way to "assist" in weight-loss while putting some miles on, too!

Again, welcome, and don't forget the Arlo Guthrie song (I don't want a pickle....)! ;)

By the way, where you from...?

Last edited:
Nothingwrong with pear, or round. They are both shapes.
And fine shapes my I say.
Welcome to MBc from the Giant Side of Texas!

Hey ragtop.I must have been in the same tree!!! im a pear too and 57 out of leg shape.The gas price got to me and of course this forum is no less than the holy grail of knowlege we seek. I am now friction powered on a kaluna dog with the stanto friction drive using a eho35 33.5 cc 4 stroke engine. Took 2 hours to set up bike and motor system. next day oiled her up and gased her tank. hit the pull cord once....and the rest is history....bye bye cars..im here to stay. you gotta do it ragtop,i know im outta shape but the peddeling is minor till you get use to it and the rest the motor does!!!!These people on here are true gurus and know what of they speak.
Humbly submitted by yet another Convert! by the way im over 22lbs and 57yrs. the big designed to do 22 mph and it does with me except them steep thills then mild pedelling gets me over them.

Hi ragtop. Welcome to MBc!
Does your disability allow you to peddal and ride a bike in a normal fashion? What type of set up are ypu interested in....

If you search and are unable to find your answers, don't hesitate to post your question. Someone will steer you to a link, or reply to your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D
You may have seen this, but here's a great MBc starter "link" to get you motoring.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=10392

Same Boat

Hello Fellow overweight old farts of S. Texas!

I'm just starting out, bought an 18 speed mountain bike off Craigs list here in Corpus and have a thousand questions. I'm looking real hard at the 5G, 4 stroke that Spooky Tooth is offering. (also found the exact same kit on ebay about $100 cheaper). My dillema right now is whether I can retain either the front or rear (or both) sproket changers and wheather or not the Spooky Tooth HD rear axle will fit in this bike. It's a Magna made in China.

Any insight would be MOST appreiciated.

Thanks from Corpus Christi
Barry
brthornton@yahoo.com

Back