hi guys

G

geg02006

My name is Guillermo. I'm 18, in college, and just bought myself a motor-assisted bicycle with cash scraped together from working $8/hr food service for a while. I was quite satisfied with my new bike at first, but it has given me a number of problems that have at times made me regret purchasing it. I've had friends tell me to give up on it, but I want to give it a chance.

Right now, the main problem is that the clutch is so hard to pull that my left hand/wrist is really sore, and has been for almost two weeks, from riding a couple of times. I've tried getting help from relatives, motorcycle enthusiast neighbors, and the guy who sold it to me, and the issue is far from resolved at the moment. When I found out about this forum, I figured this would be a great place to receive help as well as become more knowledgeable about these bikes.

Welcome to the board. Sorry to hear about the problems. The first thing I would try would be a little lube in the cable. Has it sat outside in the rains at all?

Dan

Welcome to MBc.
Lubing the cable(s) is good advice. Also check the cable routing for tight bends. A more relaxed "path" for the cable might be needed.

you can also check the Owner's Manual.....

A search for "clutch cable" got 48 hits....

let us know if this helps & enjoy the forum. 8)

Welcome to MB guy , so I can help you better do you have a pic of your bike ,or can you tell us what motor you have?

welcome

:eek:
Trust me if you browse the tech/mech forum and operating forum there will indubitably be something on your problem.
What engine did you buy? Hum? :???:

Back