hi, hello, how are ya.

D

dzdaz

Hi bike nuts! I'm Dave. I got refered to this site by dacscomm after buying an engine kit from him. So far all is good, slight throttle prob I have to fix, but other than that the kit has worked out well. So, here's what I got and what I installed it on. I bought a 70cc engine kit made by bell howell. Installed it on an early 90's Caloi Elite mountain bike frame that I had previously built up from the frame with various "decent" parts. Nothing real fancy yet. At some point I hope to switch the engine over to a dual suspension bike so I can use the Caloi for cross-country mountain bike races. I will try to get some pics of the Caloi in it's current stae on here soon. Later!

Dual suspension hmm? Sounds tricky and very intriquing considering the way most rear suspension systems would inhibit proper mounting of the engine. I'm interested in seeing what you whip up.
Welcome.

Yea I have been scouring ebay for dual suspension frames that might work. I've only notices a few that would probably work so far. One of the types had the rear shock right behind the seat post rather than in the V area of the bike so I think its' gonna be do-able. It's just a matter of time and $$$.

Yeah, I thought about that, seems like it might work if the shock is located there. Make sure you click on the ebay link at the top of the page before you bid to help support this site. Won't cost you a dime.

I HOPE YOU AREN'T THINKING ABOUT A $100 AVALON FROM WALLY WORLD. :eek: :eek: :eek:

21_bikes_019_2.jpg

1. bAd BrAkEs. :mad:
2. WoRsE CuStOmEr SeRvIcE of ANY company I've dealt with in my short bike career. I'm not talking about the WalMart itself, but the corporate "importer" in Jersey. Buncha JERKS. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Just a warning.

Oh yeah, and welcome, sorry about not welcoming first, isn't my balliwack. :D

Oh, and you DON'T get that gel saddle/seat on an Avalon either, I pitched the razorthin dealio they had in the garbage. :???:

And, when it all is boiled down, a shock absorber seat post ( $18 ) and a 12" gel seat ($10 more than the 10") was JUST AS COMFORTABLE. :cool:

Keep in mind, shocks on the front will bend the support legs of any basket, should you add a basket. Standard forks won't.

bike like the gt

I was thinkin gof a bike bore like the gt. i've also seen cannondales, specialized, and scwhinns that might work also.

Back