Hi I just joined this forum looks great.

Welcome man to MBc.....Bean Oil summed it up correctly..."Different strokes for different folks"

And such is what horse races, political debates and holy wars spring from!
Welcome to the MBc tribe and I look forward to your discourse in Wild in the Streets. I think this is the ideal way to power a electric bike. Enough power to go somewhere, a place to put a small generator and a place to stash those heavy infernal lead acid batteries!
Oh yea, welcome from the Giant Side of Texas!

Nice Raleigh

Welcome.

Anyone who rides a Raleigh cruiser (exactly like mine!) is a friend of mine.:D

ARSE trailer

I DID ask for any arguments !
I DID say trailers are best "if you prefer substance over image".
Art is image. Engineering is substance.
Bean Oil built a beautiful bike. Engineering can be beautiful too. Engineers use the word "elegant" to describe the most simple direct solution to a problem. I think a powered trailer is an elegant solution for all the reasons I posted. I came up with it myself and built it myself. Didn't just buy a kit. Here's a great site for artbikes: http://bikerodnkustom3.homestead.com/cover6_03.html I recommend it for all of us. There are engines in here too.

Here's my "arse" trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjEgsKqfi74
There's not much that can be done to make it prettier. I'm collecting parts to make a lighter 3 spd. version with a Honda GX31. When I run out of ideas for making 'em better I'll think about making 'em prettier. Bean Oil can be a Michelangelo. I'll be an Edison (or just a McGyver) & some DaVinci here will put us both to shame.

P.S. Do I look like I'm concerned with appearances? We're on the wrong forum for this, aren't we?

Last edited by a moderator:
not yet, and intros are a perfect place to duke out the details of getting acquainted...

but this would be a good time for someone to start a presentation-topic in "wild in the streets"...someplace where you can show us how and we can ask questions...da-vinci is surely in the wings, let's ferret him or her out :)

Dennis Becraft

Here's my "arse" trailer:[link] There's not much that can be done to make it prettier.
Don't be so hard on yourself, sir; of course there's more that can be done.

LOL! I'm messin' wit'cha now. That's actually a nice-looking piece; much nicer that the impression I got from your description... I like it's lines.

I'd love to discuss the engine placement and it's affect of traction and handling... but in your thread you might start in the Wild In The Streets forum.

Bean Oil can be a Michelangelo.
Hardly. I just bolt stuff together.

I'll be an Edison (or just a McGyver)
Looking forward to more of THAT, sir.

... & some DaVinci here will put us both to shame.
Absolutely, without a doubt, this will continue to happen. I've seen some incredible bike builds already in my short time here. I am not worthy. LOL.

Welcome aboard, Mr. Becraft.

:)~

Back