Hi, my name is Deucie. but YOU can call me Deucie.

Deucie J

Local time
12:24 PM
Hello, everyone! I have been watching this forum for about 2 weeks now (since I ordered my engine kit) and decided I wouldn't officially join until I received my kit. I did today, so here I am. :) I got a blacked out slanthead HT engine from daemon bikes, as well as an expansion chamber and a 36 tooth sprocket. I have since realized that the 36 tooth sprocket was a bad idea since I'm a pretty hefty fellow (260). Oh well, that what I get for looking before I leap. Anyway, I am putting my engine kit on a roadmaster mountain bike from wal mart since this is my first gas bike and I don't want to throw a ton of money at something I know nothing about. Anyway, I look forward to completing my bike, hopefull by tomorrow, and of course posting on this cool forum :)

Welcome to mbc. And we can call you Deucie, right?

I've never motorized a wal-mart Roadmaster. But I've been riding one as my pedal bike for years now. I have "better" bikes. But I just like that Roadmaster.

I think you've made a good choice. But unless they've changed that frame geometry, you might have a hard time fitting that engine in it.

I hope that doesn't become a problem for you. Good luck.

Well thank you both :) and the roadmaster wouldn't be my first choice, but my stepdad gave it to me and since I didn't have money lying around for a bike I figured why not... As for mounting the carb, yes, it was a bit of a difficulty. I ended up cutting and bending some copper pipe I had lying around, and so far it is working well. The only two problems I have run in to thus far have been running out of gas and a sore backside from sitting on the stock seat...

Well thank you both :) and the roadmaster wouldn't be my first choice, but my stepdad gave it to me and since I didn't have money lying around for a bike I figured why not... As for mounting the carb, yes, it was a bit of a difficulty. I ended up cutting and bending some copper pipe I had lying around, and so far it is working well. The only two problems I have run in to thus far have been running out of gas and a sore backside from sitting on the stock seat...

Back