HI! new, from South Australia

road_motor

Local time
3:01 AM
Hey Guys and Gurls,

James here - new to the place. I'm from Adelaide (in South Australia)

Currently employed as an electronic tech, so if anyone needs electrical/electronic advice, hit me up baby!

Bought a 44cc (50cc Chinese?) kit, from a Melbourne dealer for about $240 AUD. I haven't finished installing the thing yet. Putting it on a road bike frame (ie. 10 speed racing frame, steel) have had a few issues but ironing them out. should be a quick bike!

Is it just me, or is the casting of the cylinder air vents quite rough? i was going to polish up my kit, make it look nice.... but the cast looks like it has been done in sand or something it's very rough. the head is o.k. though.

Is there many Australians on here? Want some info on where i can get performance carbie's and expansion chambers etc from :D

cheers
James

G'day man and welcome to MBc.
Probably your best bet to get carbie's and expansion chambers and anything to do with HT's is to do a Search here and READ.Everything is available through the internet u just need to know what's out there and if it's been successfually tested.
Members are always happy to help but it's up to u initially to do homework................read read read.

Fetor must live fairly close to ya.
Welcome and feel free to ask questions that haven't been answered. Do the searches!

are we talking ports or fins? you sed "look nice"...i assume fins...you can make it look prettier no doubt, "love yer baby" is cool by us, but (IMO) i wouldn't expect any performance bump in an otherwise stock engine.

go browse and search the "frame-mount" forum...as an HT-newbie (did i read right?) you'll find a lot of answers to questions you haven't even thought of yet. whenever you find a neat (and relevant) topic, post a "reply" with your question or comment :)

search the "members list" or go to the "let's ride" forum to find yer fellow aussies, we have yet to see an official MB-rally down under, but maybe you can fire 'dese guys up :D

welcome to the MBc :cool:

Thanks guys! I'm really impressed by the quick response's! It's good to see there is a following for these cool little machines, this forum is a new discovery (and a very good one at that) for me. I'm sure it will answer many questions.

I'll keep in mind the suggestions, and thanks very much for all the newbie support! it's always nice to find a forum where members actually treat each other with respect. Some others are not so lucky.

Yup, i meant the air cooling fins, they are all un-even and very rough 'sand cast' looking finish. Might have to take to it with the dremel, even them up, and give it a nice polished aluminum look! lot's of work, but i saw the photo's of a chromed motor and it looks fantastic.

Cheers guys

hello and welcome, i know you will find everything you need on this forum to help you thru the happy times and bad times on here , i hope i can assist you thru some of your needs in the future.

Welcome to MBc. I seem to remember a thread here where someone sprayed the fins black, and polished the outside edges. That looked pretty cool.

Back