Hi, new guy here.

i love to laugh. if you ain't laughing, you're not living. i also love to tinker and do things i'm told are impossible. one day i hope to strap two 250lb thrust valved pulse jets to a mountian bike with wings an take flight for a few seconds.

i love to laugh. if you ain't laughing, you're not living. i also love to tinker and do things i'm told are impossible. one day i hope to strap two 250lb thrust valved pulse jets to a mountian bike with wings an take flight for a few seconds.
Evil Knevil has already done that think of something original.

Evil Knevil has already done that think of something original.

i don't watch tht boob tube. so i dont care what someone else has done. i haven't. an i'm pretty sure he didn't build two valved pulse jets and put them on a mountain bike. pretty sure tht dude used a rocket powered vehicle. matter of fact, i have never heard of anyone taking flight with two 250lb thrust valve pulse jets on a mountain bike before. i have seen many single engine open pulse jet engines on bike and one valved, but never seen two on a bike or any wings attached either. they all ran them off propane, i will be using diesel for a fuel, way more thrust then propane. might just get some kerosene or even just real refined jet fuel ( basically it's just super pure diesel fuel).

Last edited:
Diesel is very good, but get a good pump. I'm also very into pulse jets.
If you have a strong enough pump, and you are up to speed, you can run a pulse jet without a valve i belive. There is a guy that did it..
Don't try with kerosene, diesel is safer.

Diesel is very good, but get a good pump. I'm also very into pulse jets.
If you have a strong enough pump, and you are up to speed, you can run a pulse jet without a valve i belive. There is a guy that did it..
Don't try with kerosene, diesel is safer.

i want to go valved for ease of starting and better low speed thrust. i really ain't trying to reach very high a speed, just enough to get me around 20-50 feet off the ground for a short duration. seeing as how extremely dangerous the craft would be ( bikes weren't meant to fly, lol), i'd want to keep any injury's i could sustain at a minimum. i'm no spring chicken. lmao. i wanna keep the engines at an atmospheric concentration of oxy. i've done testing in the past with kerosene oxidized engines, with very bad results. those were rockets though. an all but one exploded, the one tht didn't had a nozzle failure and crashed. the failure was caused by my own dumb mistake of not making sure my thermal shielding was solid. there was a bubble in one of the panels and it caused the bell housing to distort at temp and it slammed in to the ground. these were all small rockets of course, around 5 feet in length and about 8 inches in diameter. i stopped because the local police where i was living at the time told me if i went above a certian altittude i was facing federal charges and would be sent to prison for it. the cops only got involved because, well the explosions were extremely loud. i'm just lucky the county sheriff's were cool, i could have been in some big trouble if they decided they wanted to charge me with creating exsplosive devices or operation with out a license or air space clearance. since then i decided to keep it to ICE and smaller jet engines. i'm not wanting to serve a prison term because of my curiosity. well that and when $3000 dollars and 6 months of work goes boom, it really makes ya wanna cry.

Back