Hi O Silver!

pilot92

Local time
12:57 PM
Hey! I'm trying to build my own motorized bike but dont know quite where to start. So I came here!

Hi! A motorized bike forum is always a good place to visit before starting a build! Be sure to check out the engine kit reviews section to see reviews of different engine kits.

My advice is, look at lots of pictures, see what you do and don't like about other people's bikes. Set a realistic budget, figure about double the price of the kit. Be realistic about what you expect bike to do, and what upgrade parts you'll need . Think long and hard about your mechanical skills, and tool availability. If you must farm out welding, can the welder handle bicycle tubing ? Just like cost, build time can add up, welding, painting, fabricating all take time.

My favorite bike = H B C Huffy Beach Cruiser [ Cranbrook ]
48cc Grubee, Worksman wheels, Kevlar tires / thornproof tubes,
double centerstand, Pirate Cycle Hub, Sprocket, #415 chain
Domino throttle, caliper and coaster brakes, sound deadeners,
Triple sprung saddle.

Bike is smooth running, easy starting, downright fun.

Welcome to the forum. After a few evenings of checking out the photos on this site, you will be close to knowing what you want.

Thanks for all the help! Is it easiest to start with a welding kit or are there non welded mounts that are easier to install and maintain?

Back